CH:52{To Rise Up}

It had been almost two weeks since Kenshin and the Youkai Revolution had set out to complete the steps in Kenshin's plan. They almost had the path completely dug through. It got wider at the end so the funneling could take place. Kenshin looked up as he and several demons moved rocks freshly scattered by either their fists, his or Granberia's swords or one of Yubelluna's spells. "Hey Jordan!"

"What is it?" Jordan called back from his vantage point the air.

"How close are we?" Kenshin said.

"It's not too much further, but could you come up here!" Jordan said.

"Tag out Alma, Granberia." Kenshin said.

"Sure thing." Alma said.

"On it." Granberia said

Kenshin flew up to where Jordan was. "Aah, I see you've gotten your spots carved out along the mountain range." He said.

"Yes, but that's not what I called you up here for." Jordan said. "Look past the mountain range from one of our layouts."

Kenshin landed on the harpies' archery spot and looked out. "Where am I supposed to be looking?"

"Out toward the ocean." Jordan said landing next to him.

"..." Kenshin narrowed his eyes. He saw boats in the water. "What are those."

"When we were forced from Hellgondo, Forbesii put a naval blockade between there and Sentora. That's part of it." Jordan said.

"Hn..." Kenshin said.

"Your plan didn't account for an attack by sea, did it?" Jordan asked.

"No it didn't." Kenshin furrowed his brow.

"Then should we stop digging the path?" Jordan asked.

"And tell them what? I made a miscalculation and your nearly two weeks of backbreaking labor have been for nothing?" Kenshin asked. "No, we'll continue."

"What will you do?" Jordan asked.

"Tell me Jordan, does the air feel humid to you?" Kenshin asked.

"?" Jordan glanced at him. "Why?"

"Just answer the question." Kenshin said.

"Well...yes, but I fail to see what that has to do with the matter at hand." Jordan said.

"Hmn...I think there's going to be a storm tonight." Kenshin said.

"?" Jordan looked around, there were clouds in the sky, but not many. "How do you figure that?"

"Trust me." Kenshin said. "In the meantime, I've been meaning to ask you something."

"What is it?" Jordan asked.

"The harpies are female only race, like the lamias, yet you are clearly one of them. What's up with that?" Kenshin asked.

"You don't know a whole lot about Makai do you?" Jordan asked.

"My clan's been banished for years. What do you expect?" Kenshin asked.

"True." Jordan said. "Well, every once in a GREAT while, the years aren't exactly clear. The Harpy Queen will have a male harpy child. It's usually near the end of the previous chieftain's life span."

"You call yourself the co-chi-" Kenshin was cut off.

"The male in the equation." Jordan said. "The harpy of royal lineage is the only one who can do this, not to say others haven't tried."