CH:70{More Devil's Downtime}

It was a few days after everyone had arrived back at the Underworld. Kenshin, Rias, Issei, and Yukari were sitting in the dining room of Lucifer Castle. "So how is Forbesii adjusting to life as a prisoner here?" Yukari asked.

"Fine." Kenshin said.

"Why didn't you just do him in? I mean you were extremely pissed at him weren't you?" Issei asked.

"I don't expect you to understand Issei." Kenshin said. "But my keeping him alive is absolutely not a kindness in any way."

"It's not? I figured you were keeping him alive because you felt sorry for him after it was revealed the Shinigami set him on that path." Rias said.

"No." Yukari shook her head. "I get why he did it. He's forcing the former Demon King to live with his regrets and mistakes...just like we had to."

"Really?" Issei said. "So that bit about him wanting to die?"

"It was true." Kenshin said. "And the same could have been said for the two of us if you recall. If Yukari and I didn't have each other during that time, we both probably would have just ended it."

"Well thankfully you did have each other." Rias said with a smile.

"Yeah." Yukari said.

"So why are we here?" Issei said. "Grayfia-San said Sirzechs-Sama was gonna be busy."

"Michael's coming for this, I figured I could give it to him at a place where he wouldn't attract much attention." Kenshin said tapping his hand on the weapon box containing the Tsurugi no Kami.

"And I thank you for that." Kenshin turned his head upward seeing a flash of golden light as Michael appeared with Irina, Gabriel and another man he didn't recognize. He had blonde hair, green eyes and wore priest clothes.

"Thanks for coming." Kenshin said gesturing them to come to the table. "Just to prove I'm not lying, here it is." He said taking the top off of the weapon box.

"Whoa..." The blonde priest said. "So this is the Almighty's sword."

"It's been so long since I had last seen it myself." Gabriel said. "Father's weapon."

"I never thought you were lying Kenshin." Michael said.

"I know, but it's still necessary." Kenshin said.

"Can I ask something?" Yukari asked.

"What is it?" Gabriel asked.

"Why does that blade burn youkai mana and torpedo youkai regeneration?" Yukari asked. "I mean Kenshin did die to it once."

"Father's grace is of the purest light in the world." Michael said. "The only things that come close to would be the light of an Archangel like Gabriel or myself, or the light wielded by the Primordial Goddess of Light, but Father's light of Being would win out."

"So you know about Ilias." Kenshin said.

"Just in passing from both Yama and Ragnarok. The former often raved at Father's strength." Michael said.

"..." Kenshin didn't respond.

"...I don't know what happened, but the Shinigami changed after the Three Factions War." Michael said. "He felt...impure. I mean don't get me wrong, he was always a bit crass and uncaring, and unmerciful when it was called for, but he seemed to be even more so after the war. Other than the Heavenly Dragons, Yama was Ragnarok's only other main opponent and his surrogate brother Draco Tsuki often joined him in those battles."

"I already knew most of that, mainly the end." Kenshin said. "When the time comes I'm going to take him down. He's going to be coming after Rias and I to kill us."