CH:97{Hero Vs Assassin}

Last time

"You know...if had I reburied Dad, he'd probably be rolling in his grave right now." Kenshin said.

"I know, but if you're ready...then let's go..." Nagi said as he called for his halberd.

"..." Kenshin closed his eyes. "I say I'm ready...but...even when I get my power back...can...I really beat him?" He thought.

"..." Nagi stared at Kenshin. "I asked already, but are you sure about this? If the Lion dude, Eva-Chan and your sister couldn't do it. Why are you trying at half strength?"

"...It's like you told me all those years ago, no matter the cost, no matter the situation...protect those who can't protect themselves." Kenshin said. "Besides..."

"Balance Breaker! Elemental Overdrive!"

"Hm? That same getup Yukari was wearing?" Nagi said with a curious look.

"That's not all!" Kenshin said. "I, who am about to awaken, am the Dragon of the Elements who will master the Principals of Creation and Destruction. I shall stride down the path to peace with the power of my Infinite will and unbreakable Dream. I will become the Abyssal Dragon of the Elements, and I will navigate the Light and the Dark to bring you to your peaceful end!"

"Abyssal Elemental Overdrive!"

Kenshin emerged in his original form with the seal still active. "Whew!" Nagi whistled with a smirk. "Nice showing, but you're still weaker than them."

"We'll see if that has any bearing on this fight at all." "Kenshin said before closing his eyes. "But before we start...I want to say something."

"What is it?" Nagi said.

"I...was always going to leave." Kenshin said.

"So you admit you were a coward?" Nagi said.

"..." Kenshin bristled for a moment before letting out a sigh. "...Nagi..this world...hated me...especially the Confederacy."

"Hn?" Nagi grunted curiously.

"Besides...peace can only be achieved if the people will it...if it's held in check by a collective organization like the Ala Rubra or the Rikudou Organization...it will always fail in the end." Kenshin said. "Also...I eventually would have gone to Makai to master my power before Sirzechs, the guy who took me...well...took me out of here...and seeing as it was gearing up for a war...I probably would have stayed and fought the war effort there...and seeing what happened in the Youkai Revolution...I probably would have stayed there and ruled as the Seventeeth Demon King, but...I promise you it would have been after Ialda, Hottan or whatever she wants to call herself was dealt with."

"Are you sure about that?" Nagi said.

"I am." Kenshin said. "If Negi told you anything about me...you should already know the answer."

"!" Nagi's eyes widened a bit as Kenshin disappeared.

Kenshin said as he used Shundou to appear above Nagi. "Heavenly Demon Revival!"

"This woulda worked earlier, but Yukari already used it!" Nagi said as he blocked it with his halberd.

"G-Grhhhh!" Kenshin growled as Nagi held him back. "Heh!" Kenshin smirked. "You'll find my connection to the spirits is stronger!"

"!" Nagi reached forward and grabbed the sword.

"? !" Kenshin was pulled forward by Nagi, right into his fist, which sent him rocketing to the ground.