CH:121{Wielders of Durandal}

Issei was standing on the battlefield, facing down Vasco Strada and his forces on the replicated schoolyard of Kuoh Academy. However. A few minutes after the battle started, a bunch of rainbow colored bubbles appeared. This caused a sudden change in the warriors, and even in some of our warriors as they began to cry.

"Seems the ability of these bubbles is to stimulate intense memories and feelings of their targets." Ddraig explained. "I mean, look at your master."

"Aaahhh!" Rias gasped. "Please touch me more Kenshin~!"

"Wow, really?" Issei thought. "Kenshin, you really need to bang Rias sometime. I think she's feeling neglected...wait, why are these bubbles doing nothing when I touch them?"

"Well, this is just a thought, but it may be because you're always thinking about the things you cherish most. I mean, aren't you always thinking about unnecessary things?" Ddraig asked.

"I mean you're right. Though I wouldn't consider my friends unnecessary." Issei thought.

"Right. I wasn't counting them." Ddraig said. "I was more mentioning your love of Oppai." Ddraig said.

"Well I guess you're right." Issei said looking at the boobs of the female swordsmen.

Rias, meanwhile shook off her arousal and heard a report. "Wait, these bubbles came from your side?" Rias asked.

"Yes, that's right." She heard Kiba's voice. She then heard Irina's voice whom was right next to him.

"These bubbles were made by Joker, they have the ability to make the opponent or anyone who touches them remember things precious to them."

"Well...that explains Chief's reaction to touching one of them" Issei said with a wry smile.

"I see. These bubbles really are quite beautiful" Vasco Strada said with a smile. He held the copy of Durandal in hand.

Though Issei noticed something off. Vasco himself had not actively been participating in the battle before now, however he charged forward. "It's like he wanted the church rebels to vent their anger. After they did he would jump in." Issei looked around. "The frontline warriors had already collapsed after our attacks as well as from the effect from Dulio-San's bubbles."

Suddenly Vasco Strada ripped off his vestaments, revealing a body of thick, shiny armor like muscles, very much unlike a man over eighty years old.

"You're looking awfully jacked for a human well into his eighties." Issei recalled what Kenshin had commented about Vasco.

Vasco took a step forward, making Issei take a step back. A piercing cold air enveloping him. Cold sweat rolling down his back. Issei recalled Kenshin saying something to him. "Do not hold back Issei."

"Eh? If you're telling me this Kenshin...is he...?" Issei said.

"He is. When we clashed in that town. I knew immediately it would take nothing less than the full power of the Abyssal Elemental Overdrive to beat him. I just hid it well." Kenshin explained. "He and I were holding back."

Vasco spread his hands outward. His wrinkled lips upturned into a smile. "Well, time for some lecturing, little devil children. Learn well." He released a dense pressure, making everyone gasp except for Granberia and Promestein.

Xenovia growled. "Durandal's replica. I've heard it's power is equal to one fifth of the original, but seeing his Eminence is wielding it, there won't be any limitations.