CH:83{Trapped in Transylvania}

Kenshin, Issei, Raynare, Irina, Granberia, Akeno, Kazumi and Koneko were all led to an ornate door. "This is where the Vladi leader is?" Issei asked.

"Yes." The maid who had led them nodded in affirmation.

"Thanks." Kenshin said as he and the group of eight walked in.

A pale skinned blonde man who looked to be in his early thirties wearing Middle Ages noble attire. Akeno steps forward. "Hello, we're the servants of Rias Gremory as well as Kenshin Kuroshi and a couple of his servants and a representative of the Angels and Fallen Angels each."

He looks up. "Ah, you must be here to talk about That...no about Gasper, correct."

"Yes." Kenshin said as he and Akeno sat on the couch across from him while the rest stood behind and around it.

"..." Issei narrowed his eyes at the man, but didn't say anything.

"Rias Gremory-Sama and I already talked about this. In fact I was summoned here during such a conversation. It's quite pathetic of me to say really." Lord Vladi said. "She seemed to be lured her herself using my son as bait."

"Hrm..." Kenshin grunted.

"That, as in?" Raynare asked.

"That...Gasper seems to be functioning as a Devil. I was quite shocked when Rias-Sama told me to be frank." Lord Vladi said.

"So Gasper-kun's mother is..." Akeno said.

"Dead." Lord Vladi said. "She died right after he was born."

"Hrm, the mortality rates for human women birthing vampiric children is moderately high." Kenshin said with sympathy in his eyes. "It's unfortunate and sad, but thems the breaks."

"No." Lord Vladi shook his head. "She was completely healthy and the mortality rate isn't as high as you'd think...she was going to live, but died due to the shock."

"What do you mean?" Irina asked.

Lord Vladi started wringing his hands together. Kenshin could feel fear coming off him. "What was given birth that night was...something enveloped in a frightening aura."

"Something?" Granberia asked.

"When That was born. Something black and creepy came squirming out of his mother's womb Something that wasn't human, vampire or even monster. His mother saw this with her own eyes and went mad...leading to her death. Then several of the nurses and doctors present died one by one." Lord Vladi said. "They must have been cursed to death."

"Cursed?" Kazumi asked.

"Yes, a curse he'd used unconsciously. He took the form of a normal baby, several hours after his birth, but his mother had already died at that point." Lord Vladi said.

"Does Gasper know about this?" Issei asked.

"No, he was never told about this. We never knew what could trigger him going into his true form." Lord Vladi said. "Close relatives of mine who found out about his Sacred Gear find it uncomfortable to be around, but those of us who know the whole truth about him, find his true form to be the most frightening. Servants of the Gremory, Lord Kuroshi and his servants and the angelic beings both fallen and not...we cannot consider that as a vampire or a human. We did treat him like a half breed and we don't even know if that was the right move, we made him flee to the outside world, despite not knowing about his true identity."

"...I don't know about his past, but he's a Devil now. He's our junior...even if he were to have his body tainted in darkness. He's still our comrade." Issei said.