CH:43{A Difficult Promise}

Kenshin and Issei were still waiting on the battlefield when Rias warped in. "I decided to leave Asia out of this. She's only a healer, so she'd likely be target number one." Rias said.

Kenshin nodded. "That's fine, she wouldn't add much of anything to the battle. Sairaorg must be talking to Regulus so he's not here yet." He said before approaching Issei and Rias.

A communication circle appeared next to his head as he walked. "Arbiter Kenshin, you are still officiating this Rating Game, some people won't like it if you speak with one of the teams privately." Belial said.

"Seeing as it's Rias and Issei I'm going to talk to, Emperor Belial, do me a favor and tell Lord Bael to stick his complaints where the sun don't shine. Since I just know he'll be the one bitching." Kenshin said. "Rias is my fiancee and I'll talk to her and her pawn, my friend Issei when and where I damn well please."

"...Alright." Belial said with an unseen shrug.

"Kenshin, what is it?" Rias asked.

"You can't exactly give us any advice." Issei said.

"And I'm not going to, not that there's any to give." Kenshin said. "I still think Sairaorg has the advantage here, but...if there's anyone who could prove me wrong. It'd be you Issei."

"We'll see what happens." Issei said.

"Just, good luck and Rias...be careful..." Kenshin said as he turned to walk away.

"Kenshin..." Rias said.

Kenshin stopped. "Your opponent is a spirit of a Sacred Gear and not just any Gear, a Longinus. You can't expect me not to be worried."

"I understand, but still..." Rias said.

"What?" Kenshin asked, turning his head to her.

"No matter what happens to me, I do not want you to stop the match if Issei is still fighting." Rias said. "I want you to promise me this."

"!" Kenshin's and Issei's eyes widened slightly. "Chief, what ar-" Kenshin cut Issei off.

"You can't expect me to keep that promise if things go south." Kenshin said turning toward her completely. "I heard this from Sairaorg himself, once Regulus gets going, he's hard to stop."

"You have to give us this chance no matter what Kenshin!" Rias protested. "Please...I just...I just want to know if I carry the same weight as Yuuto, Xenovia, Rossweisse, Koneko, Gasper, Issei...and even you and your peerage..." She said, staring into his eyes with a resolute look.

"Chief..." Issei said in admiration.

"..." Kenshin closed his eyes. "Very well..but..I hate that you're making me do this." He said turning and walking away.

"I know...but this is just something I need to find out for myself." Rias said.

"Chief...maybe you should carry this." Issei said holding out the Phoenix Tear.

"No, you'll probably need it more than I will." Rias said. "Regulus maybe a Longinus Sacred Gear, but Sairaorg is still Sairaorg."

"...Alright." Issei said putting the tear away as Sairaorg and Regulus appeared.

Kenshin looked between the two. "Alright, the Final Match. Sacred Gear Longinus Type Regulus and Sairaorg Bael vs. Issei Hyoudou and Rias Gremory, Begin!"

No one moved as Yukari and Miyuki warped in. "What do you need us to do Onii-Chan?" Miyuki asked.

"Keep your eyes on Issei and Sairaorg." Kenshin replied.