CH:123{The Strongest Youkai}

Erubetie and Kanade faced each other down. They both panted softly. "You're good." Kanade said with a smile.

"Thank you, you are as well Lady Kanade." Erubetie said. "As I understand it. When you ruled over the Noah Region. It was a bastion of purity of nature. It was basically a holy ground for slimes and aquatic based youkai."

"It was." Kanade nodded. "Any impurities I found in my region I dealt with myself, when Ragnarok happened along he also helped me." She added with a fond smile. "He was a good friend."

"Also, you didn't have any interest in ruling?" Erubetie asked.

"Not really. That was more my subordinates role. I just punished criminals and fed off those who were in the 'Servant' Class." Kanade said. "The criminals were those I devoured."

"They say that your criminal code was also harsh...Is that true?" Erubetie asked.

"Only toward polluters." Kanade said shaking her head. "As you know pure water and nature are integral to our survival...Ragnarok and Mother said they would punish me harshly for devouring people for offenses like petty theft, fighting among each other and what not, other that Kanon and I were responsible for corpse disposal...which neither of us really liked, but understood."

"That's fair." Erubetie nodded.

As they were talking, waves of slime collided each other. When Erubetie would get a spire of slime through, she had to dodge several. They were both calm as they fought. "Slime Partisan!" Erubetie shouted.

"Slime Spears!" Kanade shouted.

"Grrgghh..." Erubetie grunted as a few broke through the barrage and stabbed into her torso.

"Sorry, but partisans have secondary blades on the sides of their tips. If I strike those I can knock them off course." Kanade said as a slime wall melted down in front of her as Erubetie's slime retracted back toward her.

"? !" Kanade and Erubetie turn feeling a massive welling of dark mana to the west of them. "What is that? !" Erubetie said.

"Mother...she's activated the Vessel of Darkness." Kanade said.

"Doesn't that mean that Kenshin is in danger?" Erubetie asked with wide eyes.

"Of course it does...but at the same time, She only used it against Ilias." Kanade said. "Does she consider him worthy of it?"

"...Kenshin probably demanded it." Erubetie said with a sigh.

"? !" Kanade rounded on Erubetie. "Are you serious or just daft?" She asked.

"Unfortunately, I'm serious. Kenshin hates it when people hold back on him." Erubetie said with her eyes closed.

"Then he truly is insane." Kanade said. "Mother is at her absolute strongest in her Vessel of Darkness." She added with a sigh. "A shame, he was quite handsome." She was knocked back as Erubetie punched her in the face. "What? !"

"I know you possess more slime spirits than me by a massive margin, but please don't discount me, Lady Kanade." Erubetie said.

"Heh, I see...well then, forgive me!" Kanade said as her left fist slammed against Erubetie's face.

"Gah!" Erubetie staggered backward before welling her youki up, a ball appearing in front of her hand. "Akuma Hirameki!"

"Gah? !" Kanade gasped out as her right arm was blown off.

"Melt Storm!" Erubetie shouted, sending a massive torrent of slime at Kanade before she could react.

"? !" Kanade's eyes widened as she was engulfed by it. "Hrmn...you think you can overtake me? You're awfully confident for a youngling." She said as her own slime exploded outward, pushing back against Erubetie's.