CH:92{Dragon in Misery}

Everyone was gathered in Rossweisse's room after they laid Kenshin down in his own room. "So, what did you want to tell us?" Rias asked.

"..." Rossweisse looked out the window. "Please don't tell Kenshin I told you this...he doesn't know that I know."

"What do you mean?" Sona said.

"You eavesdropped on him?" Yukari asked.

"Accidentally, but yes. I was coming to check on him on Arashi-San's Dreadnaught when I found him having a conversation with the Water Spirit." Rossweisse said.

"Alright, we won't tell him, but what is it?" Rias said.

"Seriously. We used to be enemies in the past, but seeing such a strong guy look like that was a little unnerving." Raynare said.

"No kidding...if Yukari's never seen Kenshin like that...then no one has." Sextum said.

"..." Yukari closed her eyes, saying nothing.

"..." Rossweisse took a breath. "When I spotted them Kenshin said...That he always thought he was going to leave the world in a better place than he found it, but...at the same time...he'd began to notice that it was getting more and more difficult to shelve his own personal desires...and do what needed to be done."

"..." Akeno, Rias, Koneko, Ravel, Sona, Xenovia, Yukari, Miyuki, and Evangeline all went quiet.

"He also said that...he grew up around soldiers, people dedicated to the mission at hand...and that he'd learned how to die a long time ago from them." Rossweisse said.

"...Before any of you say anything...it means that if his time has come, he won't argue against it." Yukari said.

"Yes." Kiba said with a solemn nod. "I'd...thought I'd learned the same when I was going after the Excaliburs." Kiba said.

"..." Tsubaki reached over and placed her hand on his shoulder giving it a squeeze. Kiba looked over at her for a moment, before reaching up and grabbing her hand with a small smile.

"So it means that he doesn't care when his time comes, not that he actively seeks it out." Seekvaira said.

"Yes...throwing himself in front of that Holy Cross user's flames, protecting Auros Academy and Sona...if his life were to end in such a manner, in the protection of others..." Sairaorg said.

"He'd be satisfied, no doubt about that." Issei said.

"..." Sona closed her eyes, remembering the moment. It was one of the first moments she'd been scared for her life, but...not just her own. The civilians who had come to see her academy, for Saji...and Kenshin as well. She remembered being terrified at the prospect of him dying for her when he threw himself in front of the blaze.

With this...came a thought. "Wait...I...I was worried...gravely so because of that..." Sona thought. "Have I...fallen in love with Kenshin?" She thought, before shaking her head. "No, what am I thinking? Doing the things we've done with each other...that'd be the only reason."

"What else was there?" Hikari asked.

"..." Rossweisse took a breath. "He mentioned to Undine, that whenever he sleeps alone, his mind flashes back to his Rikudou days."

"Rikudou?" Sairaorg said.

"What's that? Six Paths?" Seekvaira asked.

"Oh, right you all never knew that about us." Yukari said seeing some of Sona's peerage tilting their heads in confusion as well as Raynare and Ravel.