[ch:3] 16

Yuta cherry-picked each word of his sentences. To always keep you on edge but never to push you too hard.Until now.

"What?! Are you calling me a liar!You really think I would lie about something like this!?!" You stood up hastily, the stool you are sitting on falling over, loudly crashing onto the floor.

"Oh god no. I would never say or think something so horrible.No dear, no ,what I meant was could this event have taken place after I left you alone in the guest bedroom"
Now,Yuta has established in your mind the narrative that he is the calm and collective one - a kind soul just trying to help- while you as the drunk, emotional "crazy" one. This should cause you to slowly trust him more than yourself.

"Look I am not saying Yato didn't hurt you... I am sure you wouldn't fake a huge accusation like this but what I am saying is our timestamps don't really add up."
Yuta could almost visualize how each word hit you like a bullet. Your wall of reasoning and self trust slowly deteriorating with each hit. He smirked darkly and continued cooking.
.
.
.
Yuta can see you are slowly pulling yourself together. Time for round 2.
" I remember the last time I was black out drunk.Thought my ex came back and carried me to my bed.We had the most passionate and romantic night together...I felt him explore every inch of me. His kisses and touch felt so real yet I woke to find myself alone on the cruise ship bar. I stopped drinking after that." This never happened. Although it does sound like a beautiful bittersweet moment in a coming of age book Yuta would read.

Did you... Did you really have such a horrific dream about Yato? Were you actually at that balcony. Nothing feels real anymore.Was Satoshi the one that hurt you?.. No that can't be right? Then again can you trust yourself?You were black out drunk after all. You don't have any memory of what happened before or after the balcony incident. You do tend to have vivid and horrible nightmare when you are too stressed.

It would be really bad to blame Yato of something this bad without any evidence.
.
.
.

"Maybe I.. maybe I messed up. My thoughts are so jumbled now. I feel like I wanna throw u--"

"F/n?"
The voice of the devil pulled you back from hell. Yato was shocked to see you still here.
Fresh dose of fear and self trust poured itself all over you. You could feel your throat closing up and heartbeat rising at an alarming rate. Whenever you are in a vivid nightmare,you know it's a nightmare.You don't mistake it for reality,you know it's just your brain torturing you and you don't have a escape.

Also why is Yuta putting so much emphasis on timelines? Why does that matter? His brother tried to kill you. Period. If he truly believes that his brother is guilty then why does he care about when it happened?

You want to escape. You HAVE TO escape.

You stood up again and started walking backwards, shaking a bit with each step; like a precious little wounded bunny trying to escape the big bad wolves.
"I .. I think I am go-gonna--"
You tripped over and fell down . Yuta ran over to help you but you pushed him away.

...

Yuta is angry. You have never seen Yuta angry before.
Yato was shaking and you almost pissed yourself.

A painful silence filled the room. Yuta showed his real emotions for a split second and the whole world is suddenly crumbling down,around everybody but him.

"F/n are you alright?.. F/n?"

Yuta asked with a fake concern that no longer fooled you.

"Sorry.My classes are starting. I am in a bit of hurry. " You said with a oddly calm voice. And with that you run out.

Yuta sighed deeply, pinching the bridge of his nose. He walked back to the stove as Yato followed.

Yato took a sit by the kitchen island rubbing his hands ; trying to calm down.From his peripheral vision he could see Yuta. Yuta was deathly calm.

Yuta cracked 2 eggs over the skillet. The shimmering hot oil hissed as he placed a lead on it.
"How is she getting back to the williams mansion?" Yato asked softly, trying to break the silence.
"I am not sure but it's clear she doesn't want our help."

"Besides you sound an awful lot concerned for a person who almost killed her last night."
Yuta placed the now poached eggs on some avocado bread pieces. For Yato's plate he added some bacon and salad side.

"Look I..."
"Breakfast."
"I want sweets. I don't wanna eat this."
"And I don't want to hear it today."

With his avocado bread,Yuta added salad and a dipping sauce.

"Brother are you mad?"
"Was. I was livid. But that anger turned into disappointment.
Yato.I am disappointed in you."