[ch:2] 37

Previously
Shizuo suddenly realized... nothing is covering his eye. You can see his scars. He sat there dreading about questions.
"So... This front eye pieces could be a bit shorter don't you think? "
"W H a t... ?"

Shizuo asked confused as you went on and on about face shapes and hairstyles, hair types, etc.

"Are you not gonna ask about my ugly scarred eyes and forehead?! You have seen it haven't you!? How the scars cover my eye and the area around it. How my scars prevent hair growth in those areas! Which caused me to have split eyebrows and weird looking lashes?! It's an eyesore so don't even pretend you didn't see it! "

This is the most Shizou has said... in ever.

...
After an awkward amount of silence and no eye contact, you spoke

"Wow... that's a lot... lot of trauma right there. Umm... " you stared at a tree, giving Shizuo some much needed privacy.

"Hey listen... I did not mean to trigg-- hurt you. That was not my intention. Um of course that's what happened and I am not here to shift blame or point fingers. So I am sorry. "
Shizou stared down.. at your thighs, avoiding your eyes.

You sighed.
"If you want to know why I didn't ask about your scars is because I don't have the rights to and also my question could potentially trigger some bad memories. Its your trauma; whether you are comfortable telling me about it or not is your choice. I just didn't want to pressure you and it clearly backfired. "

He didn't say or do anything so you continued.

"Secondly, I don't think this will mean much to you but I think your scars are beautiful. Not saying that trauma is cool or you deserve it but it's beautiful in the way it portrays the strength you have "

"The strength I have? "
Shizou asked meekly. He felt so vulnerable yet... safe with you.

You played with the tips of the long hair pieces that usually covered his left eye.
"Yes you carry the memory, the pain, the trauma that resulted in those scars. Does it define you? Fuck no buts still something you have to live with and that takes tremendous amount of strength. "

Shizuo clutched onto your skirt. He was shaking slightly.
"I still havent processed it all. I still get horrible lucid nightmares. I am still struggling. "

"It's okay to hurt. Some mental scars never heal. Sometimes people hurt you so bad that the idea of love and trust only brings fears. And I am not gonna sit here pretend like I understand what you are going through cuz I don't."

Your eyes stared into the distant sunset

Your eyes stared into the distant sunset. The tree leaves floated around by you. Shizou could see the whole sky reflected in your kind eyes. Eyes, the thing he hated the most, when did they become so beautiful.
Maybe its not the eyes.

Maybe its you... that he finds... so enchanting. So captivating.

"The way I see this is,
Falling down doesn't make someone weak. It's just they are unlucky. Life is very unfair to a lot of us you know."

Your lips stretch into a melancholic smile, (h/c) hair dancing along with the leaves as the wind flew by

"People who, despite falling down so deep and so many times, keeps standing up are very strong."

Tears bursts forth, overflowing his amethyst eyes. Shizuo cried silently. Head still up in the air, you didn't notice his emotions pouring out.

"But hey that's what I, your local bimbo, thinks. If you think your scars are shitty, me liking them won't change how you feel. "
You shrugged.

His tears land on your thighs. You reflexively stared at Shizou, who immediately covered his face.

You sighed

"But I still hope one day you view your scars more positively. That day may not be today or tommorow or in the next 10 years but I still hope it comes. "

Slowly you started moving away, trying to give Shizou some space. He immediately grabbed into your legs, pulling you closer to him. His body shaking he wrapped his arms around you, placing his head on your shoulder.

Shizuo held onto your body like you are his safe space, his life line... his everything. He knew he looked so stupid crying his heart out on your shoulder but he didn't care. Shizuo needed this moment.

Shizou needed you here.

You hugged him back.

.
.
.

'But now I'm in pieces, barely believing
Starting to think that I've lost all feeling'

Your phone was ringing.

Shizou eyes widened. He was pulled back out of the all horrible flashbacks.

'You came out the blue on a rainy night, no lie'

His blazer smells like you and him now.

'I tell you how I almost died, while you're bringing me back to life'

You moved your hand, reaching for the phone. Shizou pupils shrunk. He grabbed both your arms. Pushed it back, behind you.

He place your wrists on top of each and pinned them down on your back.