[ch:3] 12

..

You were bored out of your mind even though it has been 5 minutes only. You had no concept of time in this closet.

Fuck it.
You are coming out.

But you stopped as you heard some booming clicks of heels walking swiftly your way. You waited holding your breath. As the sound of clicks faded away into the distance. You got out and left.
Walking back towards the courtyard, you found a half-drank bottle of alcohol and picked it up. You continued sipping your drink and walking. You reached some beautiful marble staircase.These would have been a perfect place for photoshoot,if only you weren't this drunk and had Mark with you.

Going up a level you reached a hallway that splits in two. One that oversees the courtyard and is completely shrouded in darkness. Other side that has chandelier and lit candelabras. Of course you picked the light side.

At the roundabout of this hallway you found some pretty but ancient ass door. Thus like any human being with common sense, you swung them open and almost burst through the heavy double doors kool-aid man style.

The doors lead to a giant balcony with a gorgeous view of the forest and mountain side.
Across from you however, by the railings, sat Yato. His long legs crossed on the ground,eyes moist with visible scarlet vains. His slightly red nose made him look undeniably cute. It made you forget how life-threatening he truly is. You approached him slowly
"Buddy are you alri-"

"Fuck off F/n"
Yato is a mess tonight. Like one straw away from actually killing you typa mess. He can't handle anyone right now; especially you. He is too broken.The kind, romantic Prince Charming facade won't be able to properly hide the jagged pieces anymore.

"Yikes those are some harsh words big guy. "
You backed away. You wanted to leave right about now. Count your blessings, move on with your life, etc, etc. But didn't because you are a dumbass who feels distraught seeing anybody sad/crying.

Thus you walked over and stood beside him, leaning against the marble-made railing, staring off into the distance.

"I suppose that was a stupid question to ask since you don't look alright." You took the blame even though you knew it wasn't your fault. A long silence befell you both.

"Do you... " Yato sighed deeply " Do you think Rin deserves better..."
The breeze felt cool against your flushed cheeks. You gripped the cold rails harder,lost in your head, thinking about what Yato said.

Yato has seen from the previous parties that your dumb, drunk ass couldn't remember sht when you woke up the next morning. So being vulnerable right now... felt alright. Familiar even.

Something black moved in his peripheral vision.
It is a crow. It's raven coat glowed ominously under the moonlight. A black crow is thought to be a bad omen or as his brother, Yuta, would say „sigh that people fear knowledge and wisdom„

"Better is subjective. And I am no god or author that decides who gets what. Rin is a emotionally mature girl who can decide what she wants for herself. Besides it's a young romance. Who cares? it's not like it's gonna last forever. "

Yato looked up at you as you looked down to him

Yato looked up at you as you looked down to him. As his eyes met yours, he looked away.
"Also why does it matter what she wants?What about you ? what do you want? " Suddenly you seem so beautiful to Yato. It angered him.

" I want her! "
"So you are just gonna throw yourself out of the equation?Do you not matter? Does her desires not matter as well? "
You glared at Yato and then took a deep breath.
"Let me ask you this.Why do you want to have a romantic relationship with Rin?"
You took a step towards him, holding his gaze hostage as Yato couldn't look away.
"Do you like spending time with her? "
"I .."

"No . Let me be more specific. Do you like how she absolutely loses it when her accessories aren't properly colour-coordinated ?"
"What...?-"

"Yes. Do you also love how she insists on watching romantic movies, then goes into hour-long rant about plotholes and shitty writing instead of crushing on Twink Howl like we all did?"

"When did this-"
"We had a few movie nights. Anyways I could go on and on about why my friend Rin is amazing and annoying! And why I love being her friend. What about you Yato?
Why do you love Rin?"

Beautiful. Infuriatingly Attractive. Falling helplessly in ____ like a idiot.