[ch:3] 15

-

"Wh-..where is Yato?"
You asked taking a bite from the second piece of (flavour/type) cake. Yuta could hear the fear in your voice. He almost sighed... Almost.

"Huh?He is probably in his room. Why do you ask ?" You sighed, unsure whether to tell him or not. Yuta is such a sweetheart. Sure later on he goes insane for Rin but he is no where as awful to deal with as Yato.
Although,to say that he is a completely average, well adjusted member of society... would be a little bit of a stretch. There's something dark about Yuta, something forbidden. You don't know what it is exactly but you are certain that Yuta... well let's just say— Isn't what he seems like.

"He... Choked me. " You confessed.
"Yato choked me and almost th-threw me off the ... Balcony. So-So I am just trying avoi-avoid him is all..."
Fear gripped your heart strongly, it's thorns digging into your anxiety, as the events from last night flash before your eyes . Yuta acted very confused.

"I am sorry but what exactly happened?"

You recoiled in your seat.
"I-I am sorry it's nothing!" Yuta sighed. He hoped you would chalk it up to a bad dream or something. Yuta walked over to where you are seated, looking worried. He gently placed a hand on yours.

"Please tell me everything that has happened to you. If my brother did something wrong well... I would make sure he gets apprehended for his actions." Yuta lied in a sincere tone.

You broke down into tears. You wrap your arms around Yuta, falling into his slender frame. You explained everything you remember. He hugged you back, letting you sob and cry on his chest. Yuta's smell, his smile, his mannerisms is so comforting. It's a mature type of comfort that your parents could never provide.... Yet his eyes...

You pull back and peer into Yuta's golden irises through your tear stained ones. And just like so during the waltz,you see it now too . His golden eyes are so cold. His gaze so cruel and the kind shine in his eyes so fake...

How could a man so gentle and mature... Have eyes so dead and cold?

" Here take my handkerchief. " Yuta
"I am sorry about this . " F/n
"It's alright. You had a very... Traumatic night it would seem." You moved away. Wiping your eyes and snort in it, intended on putting it into a washing machine

As you did, Yuta walked up to the sink and washed his hands again. He turned back started chopping some vegetables. Feeling much better and calmer now you started eating.

A silence fell over you both. Was it eerie or comfortable?You didn't know. In fact you never know anything with Yuta.

"So F/n whenever you are ready... Can you help me understand the timeline at which all these events took place." Yuta chuckled ,, nervously,, "I seem have to have them a bit jumbled in my head"

Yuta never feels nervous or anxious or guilt. He can barely remember the last time he felt any of those annoying emotions. He was probably 10 or 13. Doing his first assissination mission. Holding a gun that was a little too heavy for his tiny hands and shooting the old man his mother seduced.
It was really scary and anxiety inducing.

You are almost finished explaining. Trying your best to add as accurate of a time stamp as you can to the events. It's cute how hard you try but only to fail.Yuta will make sure you fail.

"See from my perspective I have been with you almost the entire evening. Well except when you went to get food and alcohol."

Yuta can see through your furrowed brows that you are suspicious of him. Clever girl. Let's see how long you last.

" Let me preface this by saying,I am not insinuating anything. This is just what I experienced. After waltzing with a few more guests. I went to check for you in the dining hall. No sign of you. Then I checked the dining chamber. Didn't find you there either. At this point I was a bit worried. " None of this happened. Fortunately for him, Yuta found you without needing to search. But this was his initial plan.

"I checked out a few more areas before ending up in the bar. And they gave me a general direction. I followed that, checked some more and ended up finding you in a far away courtyard. Not somewhere I expected to find a guest!"
Yuta chuckled ,, awkwardly,,. You still had some distrust remaining in your eyes. Although most of it dissolved.

Yuta then explained how he ,,saved,, you from Satoshi leaving the stalking and blackmail part out. That's for Yuta and Satoshi to know.

"Then I bought to a guest room. I set you down on the bathtub and called for our maids. Who then cleaned you up and put you in the fresh nightgown and robes."

"Th-then what happened?"
Bingo. You are starting to doubt yourself. He can see it in your eyes. Even though your mind wants to trust your own judgement.That trust is faltering.Yuta almost let out a cruel laugh. Almost.

"Well we left. We left the room. And I asked the head of our maids and butlers to tell all of the serv- our workers to send you to me when they see you up and about. That's all. Of course I chatted with your parents about your stay and such but that's about it. "

Yeah this is mostly true except calling the servants to clean you up part. After injecting the anaesthesic drug in your neck. Yuta decided it would best not to involve anybody else.-Too many cooks spoils the broth- as they say. Besides he trusts himself way more around a naked body than any of his servants.

"So what I am having a bit of difficulty to understand is when did you go to balcony?"

You froze up. Blank. Your head is blank. You racked your brain, trying to find an answer, any answer that would fit Yuta's narration of the events. Nothing.

*Drip*

A tear drop fell onto the delicious piece of cake and bounced off.

"Are you sure you actually went to the balcony?"