57

Please go through the previous chapter in case you forgot the storyline!

Also a heartfelt sorry for such a long delay.

___________________

Happy reading...!

Sometimes we just don't realise that the person who has stood strong for us also needs strength to hold on. And we are so used to seeing them strong and independent that we take them for granted and assume that they are the one who is holding is a place they don't need us.

This is what was happening with Veer. He didn't realise that Bani was falling apart without him. His care. His affection. His love. He took her to be the strongest among them, but he just couldn't find out that he was the one for whom she was always strong. Sometimes even a lion needs a comfortable place. And now the time was for this lioness. The sherni as he addresses her sometimes.

It was two days that Bani had returned and stayed in Singhania's mansion, and she had strictly instructed everyone not to inform Veer about her coming back. And with this she was breaking every day, trying to act normal in front of everyone, but Meera knew she was breaking apart in zillions of pieces every passing moment without Veer.

The evening, Chandrakala was angry too on veer, he had not called any of them past days and seeing Bani hurt from within, she decided to poke in and also as she was instructed not to she tried indirectly informing him and somehow put some working brain cells in her son's brain. She had video called him while Bani and Meera were having their time in the living room with Radhe playing around them. And Chandrakala sat at the dining table as such the background was half covered and even with minimum movement Bani would be seen on screen and this man could get her glimpses.

C: Veer tum tho sach me bohot busy hogaye. Call bhi nai Kiya tune? Ab tho yaad bhi nai ati hogi na?

V: Aisa kuch nai hai mom, bas kaam bohot hai aur bani ke bina kuch acha nai lagta, tho...

C: ha tho isi liye usko bhi call nai karta, nai?

V: yaar mamma... Hamara time difference bohot hai, jab me call karne ke liye free hota hu tho wo waha sorahi hoti hai tho mujhe disturb karna acha nai lagta, tho me....

"Meera di me abhi aai" he heard and saw bani in the screen walking towards upstairs and Radhe following her.

V: mom.. bani.? Bani Ghar pe?

C: nai mujhe kuch nai pata. Bas ye hai ki teen din huye ki wo yehan pe aye huye.

V: kya? Mom, apne pehele kyu nai bataya..? Shit shit shit.  Me araha hu.

C: aur me ne tume kuch nai bataya!

***

Veer rushed to the mansion searching for his wife. Bani was in their room with Radhe and She was busy arranging bed for herself and Radhe. She stood near the cupboard arranging her stuff in there.

Chandrakala informed veer about Bani being in the room and without wasting any time Veer rushed. It was almost four and a half month that they didn't see each other physically, and the video calls also had almost reduced to zero with passing time.

He stepped to the room saw bani standing in front of the cupboard, he eyes welled up, his legs didn't support him, she was talking to radhe about something as if the girl understands, but for now all she had was her- the little brown puppy.