75

Happy reading...!

Veer was left reeling, trying to decipher the director's cryptic message. The shocking revelation that the attacks might be linked to Arjith hit him hard. As he connected the dots, a wave of panic surged through him. It wasn't about being weak, but the stark realization that his life was in jeopardy, and the thought of never reuniting with Bani petrified him. The creeping fear of losing everything he held dear was haunting. 

In the face of the alarming situation, Veer gathered his composure. His initial instinct was to lodge a complaint against Arjith. It seemed like the right course of action. But for now, his priority was getting back home, back to Bani. He longed to share with her the unsettling truth he had uncovered. The safety of home and the need to confide in Bani became his immediate focus.

The producer, though unintentionally, insisted on having a final discussion about the project, making it difficult for Veer to leave. Despite the urgency to reach home, the demands of the situation required Veer to adapt. As an actor, he understood the professional commitment and had to navigate through the conversation, managing the situation even though his mind was set on getting home to Bani. According to his rough calculations the show would be aired from the new years, and what could be a better start for an actor to start his new year with  a new project. Yet again the fear was eating in back of the mind, he was still tensed.

***

As Veer reached home he saw it was just four in the late afternoon and Bani still had time to be back home, in the meantime he got fresh and had a walk around with Radhe in the local area.

Bani was back in the evening around Seven, as she got back home she was embraced with the tight hug,

B: Veer? sub teek hai? kya hua?

V: kuch nai, pehele tum fresh hojaou, ok?  ummm... mujhe kuch batana tha, jaldi aou,

B: ji, Radhe kaha hai? 

V: aur kahan? 

B: uffo phir se mere bed par, Radhe... Radhe...

Bani went upstairs calling out for the naughty Radhe,

***

Veer and Bani sat on the couch with Bani resting her head sideways on veer's shoulder and having her eyes closed, it was quite it the evening, the romantic number played on the TV while Veer was busy with the script in the hand and things running in his mind, now that he saw Bani being peaceful and tired he thought better not to share anything with her, at least not now, she smelled good, he kissed her hair line.

B: maa ka call aya tha,

V: ha kya bola unhone?

B: me puchrahi hu !

V: Ohh, nai kyu?

B: Mujhe kiya tha, is liye!

Veer rolled his eyes, and Bani chuckled, she still had her eyes closed and her head on his shoulder,

B: ok sorry, Bol rahi thi ki deepawali ke liye ghar jana hai,

V: ohh, ok teek hai, Waise tume chutti hai deepawali ko?

B: not sure, nai bhi hai tho chutti le lungi,

V: kab hai, kab jayenge?

B: abhi panch din baad, uff hamara ghar bhi tho saaf karna hai,

She woke up with the jerk and her neck cracked,

B: Ouch, veer.. 

she  held her left side neck base with her right hand her eyes squinting in pain,