Always there chapter 1

Always there

Chapter 1

1998 Shelby age 17

I'm so excited I got called back, I'm going for a second audition today for the part of Darcy McManus. It's not a big role but I'm excited it's my first role I only went cause my friend wanted the role and I was reading her script, the director Troy thought I wanted the part he asked me to audition I did as I was bored as we'd been there all day. So for fun, I read for the part, and low behold I got the call back she didn't, my friend Jessie is pissed at me she hasn't spoken to me since that day.

"Shelby, you have nothing to be scared or nervous about. Today we are doing another read through and if we want you we will call you for another audition with the main guys."

"Oh, I'm not nervous I was born ready." Okay, think about the way my dad and uncles speak and the way they say words.

Start of scene...

"You think you're my pa, Conner?"

"I'm as close as ya got little sis. Ma sent you here to protect you, 'cause you're getting into trouble at home. And ya still doing it now. Murphy tell her I'm right."

"Aye sis you need to be smart, ya know who's watching all the time right?"

"I know but I know what I'm doing I'm not fourteen any more brothers I'm seventeen. And this is what I have to do. I have a plan, you have your mission I have mine. I can get in a hell of a lot easier than you two can so let me. Or is it all on you two and I'll just be here doing nothing like the good girl I'm supposed to be."

"What are you planning on doing?"

"Oh, it's not a what it's a whom. You two forget I'm a girl and yakavetta has a son that's my angle I'm going in that way I'm having dinner with him."

"Exactly how old does he think you are?"

"Twenty-one."

"Fine but you are packing you got that."

End of scene...

"Shelby that was great. Give us a few minutes, could you wait outside and we will have an answer for you as soon as we can."

I walk outside I needed to breathe. As I step out there were two guys that almost walked into me.

"Sorry, darling. I didn't hurt you did I?"

"No, I wasn't watching where I was going."

"Did you just audition for a part?" God they both have the bluest eyes.

"Yeah, it's just a little role, Darcy McManus."

"Well, I hope you get it. I'm Norman and this clumsy oath is Sean Patrick."

"I'm Shelby. It's nice to meet both of you."

Sometime later...

"Miss Mackenzie we'll see you now."

I follow the lady back into the room I was in.

"Welcome back Shelby. Congratulations we are calling you back, this time it's the last one, I have my principals here I was hoping we could run the scene again but have them do their lines with you I want to see how you are with them.

"Sure no problem."

We redo the scene again I must have been nervous looking as the one called Norman came over and said "pretend like they aren't here and you are reading alone out aloud or picture Troy naked. Nah you don't wanna do that." It causes me to giggle like a schoolgirl.

"That's great everyone. Shelby, I need to think about which of you two is better give me a day I'll call you."

"Thanks, Troy, Sean Patrick, Norman everyone else it's been a pleasure."

I walk out as I do I catch a glimpse of them looking at me I have everything crossed please let me be lucky.

Two days later...

Ring ring.

"Hello?"

"Shelby Mackenzie?"

"Yep, that's me."

"Troy Duffy here."

"Oh hello, I guess I didn't get the part as you said yesterday but thank you for calling me I appreciate it."

"Is that how you treat your boss?"

"My boss? You mean I got the role I got Darcy?"

"Yeah, we start rehearsals tomorrow. Sorry for the short notice."

"No, it's cool. Thank you."

He gave me the address it was a warehouse I was to meet tomorrow. Hell me an actress a real actress.

The next day...

I couldn't sleep I was too excited I look at myself I looked washed out so I fixed myself as much as possible but left it casual and headed to the address he gave me.

Troy met me and brought me to where everyone was there are a lot of guys here. He starts introducing me to everyone I'll never remember their names.

"Okay, Shelby these two pains in my ass who I love very much are playing your brothers, Norman Reedus and Sean Patrick Flanery."

"Troy I have a good memory I kind of remembered them, especially Sean Patrick he nearly knocked me for six."

"Sean, you trying to kill my cast? Not cool dude."

"So little lady without sounding rude how old are you?"

"Old enough. And a lady never tells."

"Dude I bet we can guess. Come on Norman."

"She's twenty." Said Norman.

"She's twenty-one she's gotta be where's the fun in that?"

"Nope, you are both wrong?"

"You're sixteen?"

"Nope little higher."

"Seventeen no fucking way. No offense but you look way older I bet we could get her in bars no problem. What do you think Norman?"

"She looks older than my sister and she's twenty."

"Well, I turn eighteen in four weeks on July 22nd. Does that make it any easier?"

"Yeah, it will be when we are in Toronto."

"We are going out and celebrating when it is babe. Not every day you turn eighteen."

"Thank you, guys. Well, I probably shouldn't I'll probably get drunk and some sick bastard will take me home."

"I promise you Shelby if you come out with us, Norman will keep an eye on you. You being a lady and all."

The day went faster than I thought, there were a lot of things I need to know I've never acted before but Troy is very sweet he understands that but he's put me and the rest of the guys on notice if we fuck up a line we will get fined for it fifty a mistake hell I can't afford that I'm technically a student as I've just finished school. This is way too much of an opportunity not to do, I feel like my life is gonna depend upon it.