Always there chapter 153

Always there

Chapter 153

Five days later...

Norman POV

"So Norman you're healing nicely. We can start chemotherapy today."

"Okay let's do this. Can we wait until my wife comes in, I think she'd hate it if I had it and she wasn't here."

"I have to say Norman she's an amazing woman."

"Yeah I got lucky in the wife stakes, she's tough."

"Dealing with the business of the press, was very classy if I do say so, sir."

"Yeah, it was. I'll call her and tell her to come as soon as she can."

"That would be good Norman the sooner we get started the better."

Ring ring...

"Hello?"

"Hey, bud. Is Shelby awake?"

"I don't think so hang on. Baby wake up."

"Huh, what honey?"

"Shelby baby it's Norman."

"Hey, baby. How are you feeling baby?"

"Good. That's what I was calling about they want to start chemo today, I want you with me."

"Oh of course babe I'll be there right away. Give me forty-five minutes."

"Sure baby I'll see you soon. Love you baby."

"Love you too baby." She hangs up on me. I'm happy she sounds good, she's dealing with this a lot better than when I was sick last time but she was pregnant then and not medicated so that helps as well. I also know Sean is looking after her keeping her on the straight and narrow. I know they are sleeping together I can smell him on her, I'm glad she's acting normal I don't want her stressed out.

Forty minutes later...

"Hey, baby I came as quick as I could. You know you aren't allowed to look that sexy in bed."

"Can't help it, Shelby, just comes naturally."

"I know you sexy man." She comes up and kisses me. "So are you okay baby?"

"Scared babe. Let's get this started. I'm not leaving you."  I press the buzzer to get the doctor. The nurses turn up and we make our way down to the oncology unit where they set us up and insert the Catheter inside me and the medicine enters my body,

"About what you said earlier about leaving me, I know babe you aren't. I'm so proud of you babe. I know a lot of that has to do with Sean being around and I'm okay with that babe."

"You sure babe? If you aren't I'll tell him no."

"No, it's okay babe. I know you love me and we are good babe. You two are good together."

"You sure babe? I don't want to hurt you, though I know when you come back it stops you are my main thing, Sean will understand."

"He will, but I'm cool I was talking to Ella yesterday and she told me what's it like that I might not be able to sleep with you."

"Do you think sex is that important to me? I just want you better Norman. That that's all I care about. I want my husband healthy and strong again."

"I want that too. How are the kids' babe?"

"Good Mackenzie took Charlie down yesterday was rather impressive, made him cry."

"That's my boy."

"I was thinking I know I said that we might want to name the babies Levi and Elvie, but what about you babe? What do you want to name them?"