Always there chapter 25

Always there
Chapter 25

The next day

Shelby POV

I'm on tenterhooks. Norman went to go pick up Mingus, I've never met him before even in general passing. Things are slowly coming together the lawyer said he can get a rush on the divorce papers if I don't want anything. I just want what I made while we were together I worked hard for it and I want it back, the restraining order was easy enough to get Alex isn't allowed within five hundred meters of me, I thought about having security but that's ridiculous he wouldn't do something so silly. There was a knock at the door that must be Norman and Mingus, he said he was going to get Mingus to knock so I could open the door and surprise him, I opened the door it was a delivery guy.

"Flowers for Miss Mackenzie?"

"That's me." He hands me the flowers and leaves flowers from Norman he's never given me flowers before, I take them to the kitchen and pull the card out. 'Mine always xoxoxo' I take a picture and send it to Norman saying thanks. He replies saying he will be there soon and that I wasn't to leave the house or open the door. Okay, I think Norman might be overreacting. He mustn't want to share me with anyone else.

Norman POV

"Hey, kiddo." We hug man it's been too long since we last saw each other.

"Hey, dad I've missed you."

"Me too. I got a surprise for you at home."

"I thought it was just us you promised it was from now on."

"I think you'll forgive an old man for breaking a promise."

Beep beep...

Thanks.

"Oh fuck me!"

"What's up dad?

"We need to get home like now."

"What's wrong dad?"

"Nothing. But we need to get home like now."

"Sure dad is everything okay?"

It took nearly an hour to get home I was nervous I don't know how Shel will take the news when I tell her I never sent the flowers.

"Home sweet home son."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"We will explain everything later."

"You're having a baby?"

"No, not yet."

"No dad just no not with her she's not nice."

"Oh it's not her Ming it's someone else."

"Good about time you wised up." I never realized everyone hated her at least they seem to like Shelby.

"Go on son knock on the door." I watch him walk up to the door I'm taping it, he knocks on the door it opens.

"Hi, you must be Mingus."

"What? Dad, you got me, Black Widow?" He looks back at me.

"No, she's mine."

"Mingus I'd like you to meet Shelby Mackenzie, Shelby this is my son Mingus."

"Hi I'm really happy to meet you, your dad talks about you all the time."

"So you aren't for me." He frowns at her.

"Nope, she's for me."

"I'm sorry Ming I'm not a cougar."

We walk inside I can smell food cooking. That's something I love every girl I've been with never cooked most hardly ate it's a great change. I come up to her and kiss her.

"Miss that. Something smells good. Food smells pretty good too."

"Kidder. I'm doing Mac n cheese and veggies I hear someone likes it. I'm hoping you do too Ming and I made a chocolate cake too."

"I love mac n cheese."

"You know you are becoming a keeper Shel." I kiss her again. "Honey can we talk in our room."

"Oh, you wanna 'talk' in our room huh? Sure." I take her to our room and close the door and she starts kissing me.

"No babe I meant it we need to talk."

"Have I done something wrong I'm sorry?" She looks upset I know she's waiting for me to do something to her.

"Oh no, babe and even if you did I'd never touch you."

'I wanted to talk about the flowers."

"Yeah, I'm always yours babe. They are beautiful."

"I didn't send them to you babe."

"What do you mean? If it wasn't you who would send them?"

"I think they might be from Alex."

"Oh god no! That means he knows where I am."

"Honey, I'll protect you."

"I have to leave. I'm not safe here."

"No you can't I will be worried about you. This is a gated community. You're safe."

"No, I'm not you don't get it. He's going to find me."

"Babe we will be fine."

"I don't know Norman. You don't know Alex. He always knew where I was."

"I will protect you, babe." I kiss her lips. "Come on babe let's go see what Ming is up to."

We walk out of the bedroom. And find Ming and the cats playing.

"So how was the "talk"?"

"We need to talk about something Ming."

"What are you two having a baby?"

"Ah, no Ming? We've only been together a week give us a chance."

"Yeah, your dad is good but probably not that good."

"Well, it won't be like I'm not trying."

"Honey I want Mingus to like me."

"I already do Shelby. So what's this kitty's name?"

"Her name is Mac. And she's only a baby. Two years old."

"Mac? That's a cool name."

"Not quite as cool as Eye in the dark. Now that's an awesome name."

I watch Shelby and Ming get along. It makes me very happy.

Alex POV

Yeah, that's it bitch. Start to feel comfy bitch. Then it's time for your punishment like you'll never forget.