Always there chapter 2

Always there
Chapter 2

Four weeks later...

Shelby aged 18 her eighteenth birthday

I'm laying in bed and I don't really wanna go in today it's my birthday I'm technically an adult, it's my first birthday I haven't seen my family.

Knock knock

Oh god, I don't wanna get up. I throw a t-shirt on and walk to the door and open it. All I can see are balloons.

"Surprise!"

"Surprise!"

"Happy birthday Shelby."

It was Sean and Norman they came to my room.

"Oh thank you, guys these are sweet." I let them in and hug both of them.

"Well, it's someone's special birthday we can finally stop having you act like a baby."

"I'm not a baby."

"Oh, really buttercup huh? Who pouts when she doesn't get her way."

"I do not Sean. You know how you are being mean. You're not supposed to be mean it's my birthday."

"Nah we aren't being mean he's just being Sean. So have to ask have you been kissed yet?"

"Norman! Firstly that's sixteen and secondly, I shouldn't answer that it's improper."

"Improper?" They ask in unison.

"Well, we work together. You aren't supposed to know that."

"Ah okay let's pretend we weren't working, so have you been kissed before?"

"Actually if you must know no I haven't."

"So you've got your v-card still?"

"Flanery you can't ask a girl that. I'm so sorry babe, he can be quite the douchbag at times."

"Seriously Shelby how is that possible? I mean look at you, you are a beautiful woman hell you could be a model if you wanted to be. So you are saying no one and I repeat no one has asked you out on a date or gone to first, second or third base with you?

"No if you must know, I wasn't exactly popular at school only ever had one friend and now she won't talk to me because I'm working on here."

"Well, I don't want to sound rude but the boys in your school must have been idiots because you are very pretty."

"Thank you, Sean."

"Well, come on Shelby so what do you say? We're taking you to breakfast it's on me."

"I'm taking care of you for tonight. My birthday present to me."

"Uh, thanks, guys. You don't have to do that. It's nothing."

Norman POV

"Sean, what the fuck dude?"

"Hey, I'm single she's single. Just because you're not we all can't have pregnant supermodels on tap mister."

"Leave Helena outta this. She has no idea what you want dude and you're nearly double her age."

"So if you were single you won't want her? Sure Norman you wouldn't."

"I haven't looked."

"Sure you haven't mister."

"Dude I mean it leave her alone, she's a nice girl she deserves someone who loves her not you that's for sure."

"Hey, maybe I do how would you know?"

"So what's happening between you two? You want her for yourself. So not only having one of the most beautiful women in the world pregnant with your kid you want someone else."