Always there chapter 111

Always there

Chapter 111

Shelby POV

I'm feeling better the doctor says I might be able to leave tomorrow the incisions are looking good. Phoenix is doing well, she's out of the humidicrib which is good. She's such a good baby I've been feeding her and the girls are now on a good schedule the feeding the nurse showed me how to feed them at the same time which I can do it's like holding two footballs, I'm going to pump so I can make sure I have enough or so Norman can feed because I know he's probably feeling a bit put out seeming he can't feed them but I do love breastfeeding them. She looks up at me when I'm feeding her and I am so in love with her it's ridiculous she's my precious little angel she is my Phoenix I'm so glad I named her that, there was some backlash from the press for calling her that but we don't care our kids will own their names and love them.

Phoenix's head is still bandaged but they are supposed to come off today so we can see the damage. Norman has assured me that boys like scars so she's going to be popular. I'm in feeding them when the door to NICU opens and our tribe comes in.

"Mom mom." Emerson stands on her tiptoes and kisses me I've missed her kisses she's very affectionate very Norman-like.

"Hey, baby girl you been good?"

"Yes, mom."

"Hey, babe." Norman leans in and kisses me.

"Hey yourself. You look good. You sleep well, Shel?"

"Yeah, I did. Also, the doc thinks if I stay like this I can go home tomorrow, so maybe Penelope and I can come home though this little will have to be here a few more days. Though her doc says the bandages might come off soon."

"That's awesome Phoe." As he leans down and kisses her as he does she grabs his hair.

"You know she loves you Norman."

"Well, she has good taste then."

"They are nearly finished."

"So you getting used to all this breastfeeding huh? Doing both at once?"

"Yep, I'm awesome like that. I'm making sure I enjoy it seeming it's the last time I will be able to. Which one do you wanna burp Penelope or Phoenix?"

"Yeah come here, girl. Man Phoe you sure are a hungry girl ain't you? Mommy has been feeding you real good, she has too we want you to come home as soon as you are big enough. Daddy is going to spoil you and your sister so bad."

"No we aren't they will be treated the same as Emerson and Mackenzie. I like to think I haven't spoiled my kids. Well not overly."

"Baby you have trouble with the word no."

"Well I have trouble saying it to you, Do you think the kids would be any different? They are half you remember."

BURP

"Norman I think that's you."

"Damn these girls are burpy."

"Nah one or two and they are good. No more exorcist babies though. Oops spoke too soon. Come on Penelope that's not how a lady's supposed to act. Ming honey how are you doing? School going well?"

"Yeah, good mom. Homecoming is coming up got to find a date."

"I'm sure there's plenty of girls. Especially some redheads there you still liking redheads babe?"

"Yeah, I still do. What can I say I have a type."

"After your dad's done with Phoenix maybe you'd like to hold her. I'm sorry you haven't mom was just being cautious. But she's doing real good." Norman passes Phoenix to Mingus.