Always there chapter 23

Always there
Chapter 23

Norman POV

I can't believe what happened. I mean I believe it because I saw it but that was crazy. I packed everything that was in the hotel away and helped Sean and Shelby out of the room. As we checked out we told the manager what happened they said that we didn't need to look after anything as she was attacked but we told them to bill us anyway. Sean, on the other hand, Lauren got him to the hospital she was so worried about him and Shelby but she told us that she just wants Shelby safe, that's all I want to do, and that I was to keep an eye on her. I took Shelby to her home I'm surprised it's very nice.

"Okay, babe what do you need just pack the essentials okay I'll keep an eye out for him."

An hour later I'm pacing the house she's been stuck in the bedroom. I knocked on the door.

"Babe? Can I come in?"

"Yeah?" I come in and she's curled up on the bed she's been crying.

"Are you packed babe?"

"Yeah. I don't know what to do. I'm scared of what will happen."

"Between Sean and I we will protect you."

"I don't know how you can Norman. You don't know him he will find me, he is always watching me."

"Babe you'll be with me in Georgia you will be safe."

"You promise?"

"Yeah, I promise. All I've ever wanted to do is look after you Shelby. You're my woman."

"I am, am I?"

"You are the only woman I've ever wanted since I met you."

"I'm sorry you saw that Norman no one should have seen that. I need a lawyer I need to protect myself."

"So we are doing this? You are moving to Georgia with me? That's very cool baby and you can finally meet Mingus."

"Do you think he will like me?"

"He has a crush on you. I hope he's not mad that I've slept with you I never said that we have. I didn't want to embarrass him that his dad had slept with someone he likes."

"Oh, I'm so embarrassed."

"Don't be. Be proud I'm so proud of you. Now let's finish packing and leave."

"Have you seen my cat?"

"You have a cat?"

"Yeah, it's a black kittie her name is Mac."

"Mac huh? You named her after me did you?"

"I named her after us Macmanus."

"Nice babe. Now let's go find one cat and leave here."

We finished packing and set about leaving. I'm so happy this is happening I do wish it was under better circumstances but everything will work out in the end.

Several hours later...

"Well welcome babe to your new home. Make yourself comfy. Hey fatso. Did you have fun without me? You did? Who are those two? Man cat you ask a lot of questions."

"Shel this is the other man in my life this is my eye in the dark. Eye this is Shelby and Mac. Yeah, she's a girl cat. Babe, is she fixed up?" Eye is getting noisy meowing up a storm.

"Yeah, do I look like a bad cat owner? Unlike me yeah she is."

I show her my room sorry our room then I notice I haven't fixed it there are still remnants of the last time I was in here Cecelia. I pull the sheets off, I really should get a new bed Shelby deserves nothing less than special.