Always there chapter 107

Always there

Chapter 107

Norman POV

Oh god, what the fuck has happened I scramble over to Shelby she's collapsed and dropped Phoenix. I pick the baby up.

"SHELBY! SHELBY! Sean take the baby. Shelby honey wake up." Damn, remember your first aid training. I check for her pulse I can't feel one okay I lay her down flat on the ground and rip her top off her, my fingers are feeling her chest okay I push down and start pushing down on my wife. "Come on Shelby baby don't you leave me." Just then the cops arrived.

"Everyone hands up."

"Can't do that but I need someone to do the breathing." As I cup my mouth around her lips and breathe I watch her chest rise. I start on the compressions again I'm remembering what they said in the course:

"Ah ah ah staying alive staying alive."

"What happened here?"

"Sean explain it I'm busy officer have you organized an ambulance, if not pull your finger out of your ass my wife is dying here." After two more breaths, I start compressions again, then I hear both the sound of sirens and Shelby's coughs. "Oh god honey. You came back. I love you. You aren't allowed to leave me ever." I'm crying I lay kisses all over her face I don't care if I look like a pussy for crying I'm so fucking happy.

"Phoenix?"

"She's okay Sean's got her." She looks over.

"Is Nathan still alive?" What the fuck?

"Yeah."

"Good." What the fuck?

"Its okay baby the ambulance is here they'll look after you." Just then the paramedics come in and start attending to Shelby.

"Ma'am you've been shot we need to get you to the hospital now."

"No look after him. I'm not important. He is you make sure he stays alive no matter what." What the fuck?

"Yeah, you are ma'am I'm sure that baby she's yours right? She needs her mom." I watch them work on her, yeah Shelby get a grip that bastard is lucky he is still alive don't know why Shelby wants him alive so bad.

Another team arrives and puts the asshole on a stretcher and takes him away. Then it's Shelby's turn she's put on a stretcher and moved to a waiting ambulance. This is a fucked up situation. Just then my day gets better. Detective Andrews comes in and sees all the damage Sean hands Phoenix to me. He is also put on a stretcher and then put in the same ambulance as Shelby.

"Sweetheart you are earning your name aren't you? Twice in one day baby. I swear I'm never letting you out of my sight baby." I start crying again as she grabs my finger and it looks like she's smiling at me.

"Mr. Reedus we have questions for you. Why didn't you tell us you knew where your daughter was?"

"I'm in no position to answer that I need to get to the hospital."

"Well that's too bad, you should've thought about that when you went all vigilante on him."

"We didn't. We couldn't risk your men would not kill our child."

"You just put yourself at risk. So what happened here?"

"We came in then Nathan offered us a deal for our daughter."

"What was the deal?"

"He wanted Shelby in exchange for Phoenix, Shelby wanted to do it. The next thing that woman got mad and started shooting up the place. Nathan was shot, then there was a second shot that's when I covered Shelby then Sean was shot in the leg and that's when she turned the gun on herself."