9 - Dominance

Damien cheered loudly as I shook my shoulders out ready to train against Rhea. She twirled at her wrists, then welcomed me to make the first move with a pin straight face.

Was she angry at me? I really couldn't tell where we stood, ever since she was interrupted she hadn't smiled at me since. She joked with me and now... she was as serious as ever.

I usually worked at the PC gym with Bianca and. Few others, where we fought similar to this. It was just playful, as we practiced moves, talked about reversals and things.

I ran towards Rhea, but moved last second and her grab missed me, I sprung to the middle rope and flipped as I grabbed her head, pummeling her back onto the floor.

She didn't expect it, and I rose to my feet as she took in what had just happened. I smiled as Finn wooed my from the sidelines.

"Fuck." Rhea moaned as she stood. I let her, she let me make the first move so it was only fair. She rubbed at her neck and I felt sorry.

For some reason, I didn't want to hurt her.

"I'll do it again and you counter it." I told her.

She tilted her head and squinted at me, "it's fine." But I said. "I want to practice the jump, I'll do it again." Before she could answer, I took a step back and ran at the rope.

Sprung on it, reaching in the arm for Rhea to grab. But I was stopped mid air, caught in the arms of Rhea and power bombed me to the floor.

She came on top of me, with a knee planted on the inside of my thigh so she could join at my hips. She hugged at my body, squeezing at my middle. Taking all my air out with her.

She was trying to get me to tap.

I clawed back but couldn't find the ropes. I took a breathe in which only led to her further constricting my middle. I let out a groan and bucked my hips. Nothing. This always tripped me up, getting stuck beneath her and not being able to move.

"Shit." I mumbled. At that, Rheas lips came to my ear, hot and low she whispered to me. "Get on your stomach." Her weight didn't leave me as I attempted to crawl over.

With enough squirming, I did it. Rhea was still on my upper thighs, squeezing at my middle. "Swing your head back." Her deep voice tingled down my spine.

But I did what she said and swung. It connected with her nose as she stumbled away. Crawling backwards with a hand on her nose.

"Good move." Damian said in the corner.

I stumbled to my feet. Ran back to spring on the ropes and charged at Rhea on backside. I slammed my foot in her cheek as she collapsed on the floor, rolling to her stomach.

I grabbed her by the ankles for my finisher, but she kicked at me, pain erupting in my fingers.

She rose like she wasn't down and grabbed at my arms before I could think. She had me in the sky and onto my back in riptide.

I hit the floor with a force that was nothing compared to what Rhea had gave me the other times. Something felt at my back as I landed like it stopped my fall. Rhea immediately yanked my legs up over my head, pinning me how she did the other night. This time her hands came over my legs, keeping my shoulders down with dominance.

Finn banged on the floor. "1! 2!"

I kicked out, peeling my shoulders off the floor.

"Oooo shit." Damien growled. "Got out of the riptide." Finn bounced into the ring, touching me on the shoulder as he inspected me. Other than out of breath, pain in my fingers and spine, I was alright. "Hardly affected by it."

That was when I saw Rhea on her knees, holding at her red hand. She used it. She used her own hand to cushion the fall of my spine against the floor. She tried to hide it by standing and leaving the ring.

She was angry about not pinning me? But she cushioned my fall? My head was a mixture of confusion as Finn guided me from the ring too.

Damien spoke. "Not sure how you survived the riptide but, I like it." He held his fist out and I bumped it.

Across the room, Rhea had entered the women's bathroom quietly. "She'll warm up." Damien said. "Seriously, she's a good person."

"Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it." I said. I didn't know if she liked me yet. She didn't want me hurt but then she hardly speaks to me. She was sending me mixed signals.

I wanted an answer for it. For what she was going to tell me before, what else pissed her off about me. There was something she wasn't saying, and it had nothing to do with what we went through with each other since the rumble.

I was gonna find out. "I'm gonna see if she's alright." I said and walked towards the bathroom.