43 - Brass Knuckles

I hated being here.

Ever since Austin attacked me, I can't sit in my kitchen normally.

Hell, last night during my wine drinking, I nearly called Rhea, crying and begging for her. But somehow, I held back.

Maybe she just needed space... I still held hope. I wasn't sure if I was just hurting myself further but... it was the only thing that helped me function and wake up this morning.

I showered, even worked out and cooked a healthy meal. I was about to leave to go to Raw when my door sounded with a knock.

I opened it, and Damien was there. "Hey, Mia." He said with a small smile.

He knew.

"Hi." I said. I didn't know how he knew where I lived but I assumed he just asked Rhea. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

Suddenly, the feeling of fear rushed over me. A man at my door. I stepped back a moment, shaky arms, like he was about to charge at me.

But Damien stayed outside. "Mia, you right? I'll give you a lift to the stadium."

I cleared my throat. This was Damien. He was kind. I nodded. "Sure, just give me a moment." And I grabbed my gear, some water and my keys. Then we left to his car.

During the drive, Damien picked up Finn on the way. He must live near me, so I'm on the way. Rheas home wasn't on the way, no way would we pick her up.

"Rhea told me about you two." Damien eventually said. "Last night she cried in my arms, Mia, then needed the night drunk and punched a hole in her kitchen wall."

"Oh." My face dropped, feeling rather awkward. She wasn't in any of a better state than me, then.

But then why did she do it? If she regret it so much? "Did she say she regretted it?" I ask Damien.

He cleared his throat. "No, Mia. She was upset about not getting a shot at the title. She blew it away and she was angry."

"Ah." I whispered, sadness closing in on me. My tears shined but I blinked them away. "Okay."

Finn was breathing heavy in the back, his voice low when he said. "We're not sure if she made the right decision. We know she blew it for you, but I don't think she needed to go so far and end your relationship with her. Ultimately it was her decision."

Damien stopped him. "Not that we're on sides." He added. "We support both of you."

"Yeah." I say. "It was all strange and I didn't expect it. Rhea did not have to give me the win... even before the match she said she isn't going to hold back... but she did."

"Yeah." Damien agreed, but Finn continued. "Either way, it's unfair to you. She's made your win feel unearned, plus, she ended it with you after. You did amazing in the match, even after taking that crash from Raquel."

"Thanks." I said. I could tell they both felt awkward in the situation. They didn't know how to approach either of us about it.

But at least I knew Rhea was upset too. They say it was because of what she blew away, but I assumed some of it had to be because of me...

That note I left her.

We pulled into the stadium, parked and made our way inside. In the storage hall, there was an interview section set up. A WWE background and a beautiful reporter, talking to Rhea.

She was smiling back at her, causing my heart to crack. She looked happy. I knew she was a good actor but, even I couldn't put on that high of a smile right now.