44 - Ricochet

I'd spotted Triple H out in the storage hall, and charged his way before Rhea, Finn and Damien came back in.

It'd be too awkward right now to ask what that was about. Talk to Rhea. God no, not right now.

Triple H conveniently finished up a phone call as I reached him. "Ah, Mia, how'd you go?"

I pointed to the probably red mark on my cheek. "What was that about? Kicking me out of TJD, what for?"

Triple H calmed me down with fanning his hands. "In my defence, i wasn't the one who suggested it."

"Who did?" My heart fell.

"Rhea did. And I backed her. There has been tension ever since whatever happened between you and her, when you kissed her, which by the way I didn't love." Triple H explained.

"So it was Rheas idea purely? What of Finn and Damien?"

Triple H snapped. "They would have been as shocked as you were when Rhea did it. But... they've been together since the start, they both had to back Rhea instead."

I nod, slowly and faintly. Rhea really was trying to push me away. From TJD. From her life. She was playing games.

Ones I think I could be good at.

She'd made a mistake. She's going to regret it.

"Thanks, then." I leave Triple H and head back to the gorilla.

As I entered, Rhea was intensely exposing something to Damien and Finn. Probably why she did what she did.

Gods id make her pay for that. For all of it.

She... I know... I hope that Rhea feels something for me. Something she knows I feel for her.

Hell, if Rhea did what I was about to do, I wouldn't stand still.

I eyed Ricochet across the arena. He was about 10 years older than me, but he always gave me flirty comments. Even asked me on a date once, but I declined. I wasn't attracted to the man a bit, but he didn't know that.

It was a bitch move. To the guy but oh well. I really didn't care right now.

I felt the heat of Rheas stare on me as I passed by. Felt Damien and Finns head turn too, watching me. Wondering what I was doing.

As I reached ricochet, I tapped him on the shoulder and he slowly turned. Took me in and smiled. "What do I owe the pleasure, stunner?"

"Kiss me. Now or never." I tell him, taking a step in.

He was a confident guy and didn't need more convincing. He lent in, and our lips touched, and his hand came onto my lower back.

It was only a second of contact between our lips before something ripped at the nape of my neck. But it wasn't Rhea, who I thought it'd be.

It was Damien, Rhea at her spot still, arms crossed and looking at me like she genuinely wanted to kill me. Kill Ricochet. They were squinted, surrounded by a pale but sweated face. She was pissed.

"What the fuck, D?" Ricochet shoved at Damien's shoulder. "What's your problem man?"

Damien breathed, seeming to shrug him off. "This one's taken, man." Is all he said before wrapping an arm around my shoulder and walking me away.

"But she-" Ricochet started but faded into nothing as we walked further away.

Damien led me away from Rhea and Finn, down the hall and outside into the night. "What was that?" He then asked, shock in his eyes.

I sat back against the wall. Groaned and said. "Moving on..." I said it quietly. Unbelievable.

"Bull-crap, Mia."

I grumbled under my breath. "Guess I was just taken back out there before, getting stabbed in the back. I wanted revenge."

"In no ways is that the same. Mia, that was an act, it's not like we wanted to do that. You kissing Ricochet, you're hurting Rhea."

I cleared my throat, and raised my voice angrily. "If it was an act, then how come Rhea requested I get kicked out, then? Huh? She wants me out of her life, obviously, and I was trying to move on."

It was quiet a moment, only the sounds of the night.

"At least chose someone better than him." Damien then said.

I smiled, letting my head drop. I felt the tears coming, and I tried to blink them away but they just fell without control. "Fuck." I broke down.

"Hey, what is it?" Damien came closer, an arm around me. "Mia?"

I kept crying, breath heaving and limbs shaking.

It was all wrong.

When did it all go wrong.

The woman I love, doesn't want me back. She's done everything she can to get me out of her life.

"I- I love her so much it breaks my heart." I let out, crying harder. Damien had wrapped me in his arms tightly, as I slide down the wall to bent knees. I cover my mouth, trying to quieten myself but I can't. "I can't be in the same place as she is if I can't be with her-"

Then the door beside us opened.

I didn't look, but I could tell who it was. By their single boot sound, and their breathing. The heat and utter wickedness she brought with her.

I couldn't look at her. I was a mess on the ground, crumbling. Even still, I couldn't stop myself from breaking down. I turned my face into Damien's shoulder, away from her.

I felt Damien look up to her, but he didn't say anything for a moment. Then he shook his head, and the door shut again. Rhea went back inside.

"What is she doing?" I asked him, sobbing.

Damien cleared his throat, holding me closer. "She wants to talk to you."