66 - Injury

I respected the hell out of Charlotte Flair.

She did me too, we acknowledged each other backstage and chatted briefly before she went out for her segment. She knew I would be interrupting her, and she thought it would be fun if we fought back and forth a bit.

Little did she know I was gonna give her hell. I was gunning for that title.

Charlotte was out there chatting shit of course, just the usual stuff you'd expect. About me at elimination chamber, how it was a fluke. How I'm not ready for the likes of Charlotte flair. She even mentioned my loss against Rhea.

I knew Rhea would be watching along, even though she should definitely be asleep. She was watching for me.

It'd been a day and I already missed her like crazy. I was taking good care of her house though, sending her pictures of me eating her favourite foods, and some I had stashed away.

My music played and I left the gorilla with a microphone. I threatened her, making my way in the ring, I was confident when I called her an old woman. She seemed to get angry at that.

It was when I asked for a ticket to her retirement match, that was when she threw her own microphone and jumped at me, heels on and everything.

"Charlottes gone for her!" The commentators spoke.

I let Charlotte lay some punches on me, blocking them with my arms. But the impact was real, the strength of hers. She was an incredible athlete.

Bucking my hips, Charlotte rolls off me and I take my chance and comes between her legs, grab her throat with both my hands and rip her up, only to slam her back down against the ground.

Charlotte held her head, obviously in pain at how hard she hit it.

I let her kick me off her, and I rolled under the ring, wanting the fight to get nasty.

I noticed officials running out to "break it up" but we had a few minutes still.

I stumbled and grabbed the nearest chair, smiling.

"Mia just grabbed a chair!" I heard.

As I was turning around, I was met with a solid boot of Charlotte Flair, sending me flying and onto my back against the floor. Pain radiated against my spine, shooting into my side.

Charlotte was screaming as she kicked me in the side.

I rolled with the impact and pulled myself up using
The barrier. Charlotte was charging for me and I ducked, that sent her flying over and into the crowd.

I laughed and picked the chair back up from the ground. Carefully aiming, I chucked it at her, and it smashed against her shoulder. She screamed in pain.

Suddenly, I got an idea as Charlotte started to rise again.

Hell it'd be wicked.

I rolled in the ring and climbed up to the top rope. Charlotte seen me with doubt in her eyes but she went over the barrier, standing beneath me on the ground.

I jumped for her, sending my body into the air and down into Charlotte.

She should have went down with me, taking the fall but she didn't.

Charlotte tried to catch me, but I was going to hard and too fast, she only partially caught me.

I landed half on one foot, and it bent beneath me. I heard something snap and immediately pain overtook me.

I went limp in her arms, unable to get down on my own feet. Charlotte heard it too and knew something was wrong when I didn't move.

"Is Mia out cold? Did she hit her head?" I heard the stadium ring out.

It needed to end. Charlotte knew that too.

She picked my body up and over her shoulder, sending me onto my back harshly. I rolled a little, keeping my face down. I groaned as pain made me shake.

Fuck. I was hurt bad. It wouldn't stop stinging. My ankle wouldn't stop surging.

I heard the officials grabbing hold of Charlotte, and more crowding around me. We were meant to go on for a bit longer, the crowd was loving it, but I couldn't.

An official got down near my face. "You right?" They whispered.

"No." I choked out. "End it." It was barely audible but they heard me. I was dragged up onto one foot by some officials.

"Mia has seemed to have an injured ankle, what does this mean?" The commentators spoke.

Ignoring the pain as best as I could I made an obvious effort I wanted more of Charlotte. Trying me best to move and wiggle my arms so they'd let me go but they didn't.

They dragged me away, letting me limp backwards. "Shit." I cursed as I was nearly as the gorilla.

Charlotte was in the ring now, watching me leave and wiggling her fingers like she was the queen. I could tell she was concerned though.

Fuck.

It was my fault, really.

As I got into the gorilla, they sit me down and called the medic team over. They checked me out and caused me more pain twisting my ankle.

I had to go to the hospital for some scans, so they grabbed my gear for me, and Dominick Mysterio offered to drive me there.

He was here tonight but only to watch. It was kind of him. I felt like he had to being Rheas friend.

The whole way, I think I was crying.

Hardly from the pain, because it's now just numb to me. But from the fact I'd really, really hurt myself...