67 - Home

After numerous scans and in and out of rooms, I had a fractured ankle.

They'd wrapped it up for me in a cast and given me crutches. Some pain and inflammation pills, but apart from that, there isn't much else to do other than rest.

Dom left as quick as he walked me inside, guiding me, I insisted he doesn't stay, I didn't want to hassle him. So he eventually left after I was checked in and alright. Besides, I have been here for a few hours now, I didn't want him wasting his time here.

I called Bianca to pick me up and she was on her way. I was sitting on a bench out the front of the hospital when I realised I didn't let Rhea know what had happened.

I hadn't even been on my phone.

She would have watched the entire thing, saw me limp away. She knew it was real.

I pulled up her messages, 21 to be exact. I scrolled through them, each one as distressed as the next. She'd called me multiple times too. I felt horrible.

Her most recent text was

Rhea: Baby call me please.

So I did. I called her and she picked up instantly, like she was sitting by her phone.

"What the fuck, Mia. Are you alright, are you hurt?" Rheas loud and worried voice comes through. I pull it away from my ear a second as she kept on asking whatever questions. If I was alright, where was I.

I stopped her. "I've been at the hospital the last few hours, I'm sorry, I fractured my ankle."

Rhea was silent a moment. "When you jumped?" She asked.

"Yeah." I answered. "It was my fault. I shouldn't have done it."

"Mmm." Rhea hummed. "Charlotte should have known better to try and catch you from that height." I could hear the angry tone in her voice. The threatening nature.

"Baby, leave Charlotte alone..." I begged.

"Are you in pain?" Rhea asked me, sadness now in her voice.

It was only aching now. The pain meds had kicked in. "A little, not much as before."

Rhea was silent, like she was thinking what to say next. I was too. We both knew what this meant. "I can't compete against Charlotte." I broke the silence, a tear falling and my voice shaky.

"I know, baby, it's horrible." Rhea said softly. "How long will you be out, maybe they can push the match back?" Rhea asked, wanting to provide me with any comfort. We both knew they wouldn't do that, though.

"At least 6 weeks." I answered, and Rhea groaned through the line.

"I wish I was with you..." her voice was upset.

"Dominick drove me here, can you thank him for me?"

"Of course." Rhea said.

I noticed Bianca's car pulling up, her waving at with a sad face. "I've gotta go, Rhea, Bianca is here to take me home."

"You're going to my apartment?" Rhea asked.

"Yes." I answered. Home.

Rhea seemed happy with that. She told me she loved me and I told it back. I also promised to call her again before I head to sleep, she was extra pleased with that.

"Oh my god, are you alright, Mia? I seen it all happen, looked nasty." Bianca started, coming to hell me get in her car.

On the way to Rheas, I called Triple H and updated him on my situation. He said to take a few days break and they'll think it over and let me know what's going to happen. He wasn't happy at all, it sounded like.

But he understood things like this happen. It happened to Rhea once, I remember she kneed herself in the mouth one match years ago. On TV it looked painful, but in real life, the pictures of the injuries looked even worse.

Fuck. I missed her. I needed her. I couldn't imagine the hurt she was experiencing right now, knowing I'm in pain and she isn't here.

I made sure to call her straight away when I got to her home. I told her about the whole night, the hospital and the drive. Rhea kept asking questions about unimportant things, but she wanted to know everything, so answered them all.

Eventually, my body grew stiff, and Rhea started yawning. We both needed some sleep. I hung up after too many I Love you mores, like way too many, like how you'd imagine teenagers...

But it was different when you're in love.

Nothing was "cringe." You just needed your person to know you loved them more.

I'm pretty sure Rhea did, but I still fought her on it all the time.