42 - You know I Love you, You knew that

As I sat beside Rhea, I asked her again. "Rhea, why did you let me win?"

Rhea was just breathing, like she was deciding something In her head, hesitating a little to say it. But she finally looked at me, her eyes were shiny. "Rhea, you're scaring me." I tell her.

"When I saw Raquel put you through the chamber... The blood on your skin... The grip she has on your throat and the terror and trauma in your face... Mia I realised that I can't feel like that." Rhea was shaking her head.

I lean in closer like I can't hear her. "What?"

"I threw away my own chance at a title match because you were hurt. Because you were bleeding. Sad. Whatever the fuck you feel, I felt it too. I threw it away because of you." She was shaking her head.

"R-Rhea?" I whispered, unsure where this was coming from... she didn't have to do that. "You didn't have to-"

"No." Rhea stopped me. "I couldn't pin you when you are like that. I didn't want to hurt you further. That's what I realised while I was out there." Rhea paused. "I've worked since I was a little girl for a shot like that, but some feelings threw it away." She said with disgust.

"Rhea?" I whispered. "You feel something for me?" I already knew it. You didn't get so possessive over nothing. But she'd never admitted she had real feelings for me the way she just did. "What do you feel?"

Rhea shakes her head. "No, Mia. I can't feel how I do anymore. You have to go back to your apartment."

"W-what? Rhea why? What are you saying?"

"Mia..." Rhea says and stands up. "I'm done with this." She goes to walk away, a slow pace.

"You're done with this?" I stand up myself, voice loud enough to stop Rhea In her tracks.

"Yes." She said.

"You don't mean that." I tell her. "I know you don't."

"I do." Is all she says, still facing away from me.

I step forwards. "Rhea... I L-"

"Shut up." Rhea spins and lets out quickly. Her face was pure anger at what I was going to say.

"You're breaking up with me then?" I felt my voice getting shaky.

Rhea says. "You were never my girlfriend to begin with." And she turns away and leaves the changeroom.

I was stuck in shock at what just happened. She was so angry, so upset. She realised she felt something more for me, that doesn't mean she has to throw away her dreams.

I started to cry, and sat down. Covered my eyes with my hands as I broke down.

We still had to see each other. I couldn't see her without just falling at her feet every time. We trained together often, with the guys. Had matches together.

I was practically living with her.

I wiped the tears away.

She didn't mean it. Rhea... she was just scared, right? She'd come to her senses, realise what she's done... right?

I watched the door for god knows how long, waiting for her to come back in. But after what seemed like hours, no one came in.

I packed my gear and the the stadium. I needed to get my stuff from her house, but what if she's there.

Pulling up to her house, her car wasn't there so I texted her.

Mia: I need my things.

It was a few minutes before Rhea replied.

Rhea: Spare key under the bench leg.

That was all she said. No names. No baby. No affection anymore. I scrolled back up, looking at old messages. Where she called me baby. Told me I looked good enough to eat...

I found the key, made my way inside and got my shit together. On the way out, I left Rhea a short note on her kitchen bench. She had to know it.

Rhea, you know I love you. You knew that...

I cried, making my way back outside, into my car and driving towards my apartment.

How in the hell was I going to be able to function at Raw tomorrow night. TJD would be there, Rhea would be there, they'd likely back me up in the ring as I challenged what title I wanted to.

Shit, this was the worse but best day of my life.