78 - Black Heart

I had just come out of the bathroom, trying to piece myself back together when Rhea was back. I just have been longer than I thought in there. Rhea was under the sheets, looking tired and ready to sleep.

"You alright in there? I was about to come and check you haven't passed out from need." Rhea laughed.

"Oh, shut up." I rolled my eyes, making my way to the bed.

"Pardon?" Rhea sat up on an elbow to watch me.

"Sorry." I smiled cutely at her. "But seriously, I'll never be bringing up ex girlfriends again." I pulled the sheets over my body.

"Good girl." Rhea whispered as she pulled me into spoon me. Rhea placed a soft kiss on my neck. "I appreciate you."

I turned my head to meet her eyes, they were soft and sweet. "Me too."

Rhea smiled. "I'm positive I'm more appreciative, baby. Thank you for trusting me."

"Always." I said, and Rhea kissed me gently. Then snuggled me tighter against her chest as we drifted off into sleep.

The next morning I got up early for my physio, which went well. It would be maybe another week on my crutches and I'd be back to walking. I wouldn't be competing for at least 3 weeks though, just to be safe.

When I got back to my home, Rhea wasn't there. She'd made my bed, left her dirty dishes on the counter. I assumed she was at the gym but I sent her a text just to double check on her.

Mia: Morning, you're at the gym? x

My phone pinged maybe 5 minutes later.

Rhea:

Rhea: Just got here, how did the physio go? 🖤

Mia: Better than expected. Should be off the crutches in a week.

Rhea: You'll be nice and ready for that belt around your waist then 🖤

I heated eating my breakfast. Nearly had to put it aside as the image came into my mind.

Rhea: Don't think about it too much, baby. I've got some errands to do, a meeting and things at home to get done. I'll be back tonight? 🖤

Mia: See you ❤️

I did some cleaning for the rest of the day, spent too much time watching tv. Eating. Not moving. I was scrolling on Instagram when my heart just sank at what I saw.

Gigi Dolin had posted on her story 10 minutes ago. It was a picture of an oblivious Rhea, talking to someone from a little afar. She mentioned Rheas username with a black heart next to it.

She must be in the meeting she was talking about

But... what the hell.

There was a different between a relationship in the ring, for entertainment. Compared to posting on your social media, something we didn't have to follow our story with. I doubt Rhea planned this. I doubt she wanted her to post this.

Gigi seemed to want to begin their "relationship" as quick as she can.

Fucking bitch.

Feeling green with jealousy and red with anger, I hit the like button and swiped up on the story, writing a short message.
"Tell my woman she is fucking stunning."

I smiled as I hit sent. I turned my phone off and left it in the kitchen while I had a quick shower.

Once I came back out, I had a message from Rhea but also one from Gigi, she actually replied to me.
Gigi: She said to tell you thanks

I cringed. She definitely did not tell you that. Rhea definitely would thank me to my face or straight through a text.

Feeling petty, I left her on read and found Rheas message.

Rhea: Finished up my meeting. What are you up to, baby? I miss you.

Mia: Literally nothing.

Rhea: I. Miss. You. Mia.

Mia: I miss you too, Rhea. How was the meeting?

Rhea: Fine. I'll be seeing you in an hour.

At that, I grew a bit nervous. It sounded angry. The meeting was fine?

I passed an hour by watching a movie but turning it off as I heard Rheas car pull up.

She came in the door with a bag of Mexican food. My stomach grumbled at the smell. "Hey, pretty." I smiled up at her from the couch.

Rhea smiled. "Hey, you hungry?" She sat the bag between us on the couch and lent in to kiss my cheek.

"Yeah." I said, rhea passed me a box of food and I opened it eagerly.

Rhea asked me about my day, which I told her my extremely busy day. I asked about Rheas, more specifically the meeting.

"D and Finn were on board with it all. I told Triple H I was okay with it but I had boundaries which needed to be respected. Triple H agreed with me."

"What are your boundaries?" I asked, curiously.

Rhea swallowed her mouthful. "No excessive touching or kissing, basically. Gigi seemed to agree with me."

"Yeah, she posted you." I mentioned.

"She what?" Rhea asked.

I clarified it. Did she not see or know? "On her Instagram."

"She did?" Rhea pulled her phone out. "I haven't been on there." Rhea looked at what I assume is Gigi's account. She rolled her eyes. "Ignore it, baby, I didn't even know."

"Yeah." It still wasn't great to have to see. "Did you... did you talk to Gigi?"

Rhea cleared her throat. "A little. The boundaries chat was during the meeting, before I left I told her to really lay off the touching, especially backstage. That it made me uncomfortable."

"How did she take that?" I asked.

Rhea shrugged. "Fine, I guess. She seemed to agree to that as well."

"Good." I nodded. "Do you have a match on Monday night?"

"Yeah." Rhea swallowed and wiped the side of her lip. "Tag match against Ronda and Shayna. You'll be backstage?"

"Yeah." I told her. Of course I would be. To encourage and support Rhea and my friends for sure. But I'd also be there to glare at Gigi.