63 - Vegemite

Rheas mother trapped her in a deep hug, and it really was so beautiful. You could tell she needed. They both needed it.

Her mother was kind, gave me a huge hug after her daughter. Asked how our flights was, and helped us put our bags in the back of her car.

On the drive, Rhea sat with me in the back seat, even after I said it was fine for her to sit up the front. She didn't want me feeling left out.

Rheas mother was kind. Even after such a loss, she still asked me how I was going. Some questions about my upcoming matches. As we pulled up to what must be their house, Rheas mother told me I must be important to Rhea, she's never been so positive about life, and it all changed when she mentioned me.

That made me smile. I held Rheas hand, resting my head on her shoulder. Rhea put hers on mine quickly, whispering in my ear. "I love you."

"I love you." I smiled back.

Her home was humble. Certainly not large but it had two bedrooms. One for her parents and a spare for anyone else to use.

Rheas father was there, as kind as ever. You wouldn't think Rhea Ripley came from them. Rhea said her sister would be here shortly, and I was looking forward to meeting her little sister.

I had to admit I was a little scared on coming here to meet her family. They knew and seen me kiss her in front of everyone. They had no idea Rhea was bisexual!

It was a bit embarrassing when I thought about that. I hoped no one brought it up...

The afternoon was nice. Exchanging stories with Rheas parents was fun. Rhea just sat deep in the couch, red from embarrassment as we all laughed about her.

I made sure to give her a quick peck on the cheek though. It was just playful. At least she had a small smile on her face.

I told them all about my family in the UK, how similar it was to Rheas family too. We all got along well, thank god.

Even Rheas sister was sweet. Very cute and nice. She was like the small version of the Demi in Rhea.

We ended the night watching the reply of our match, Rheas father criticising and critiquing everything Rhea did, just to get on her nerves. It was hilarious.

Eventually, Rhea pulled out a yellow jar on her way out from the kitchen. She was smiling... it was a playful one I hadn't seen in a while.

"Oooo yes! She's got to try it." Rheas sister exclaimed.

What?

Rhea gave me the jar and a silver spoon. The jar was glass and said 'Vegemite.' I cringed a little. "Really?" I asked.

Rhea sat next to me, grinning. "You have to." She insisted. I remember when she first told me about it. Apparently it was something every Aussie had, and every non Aussie had to try. You either hated or loved it.

I opened the lid and smelt it, the sharp smell making me rear back. Rhea and her family laughed but insisted I go on.

I dipped my spoon it, taking a spoonful. "Is that enough?"

Rhea laughed. "Jesus, too much, but go on."

I sniffed, nervously. Fuck it, I thought. I ate the dark paste off the spoon. Letting the taste come into my mouth.

It was salty. Strong and salty... it was alright. I think, maybe I had too much. But I somehow swallowed it. It was a familiar taste though. "It's similar to marmite." I said.

Rhea laughed. "We have that here too, but Vegemite is better."

I smiled, wiping my mouth while Rheas father congratulated me on my first taste of the best thing in the world.

The night ended and Rheas sister left. We said goodnight and went to bed.

Rhea was already in the bed, not on her phone just lying there staring up at the roof.

As I was slowly hopping in beside her, rhea spoke up. "Thank you for tonight."

"No, thank you, Rhea, your family is amazing."

Rhea smiled and pulled me close beside her. "They like you." She said.

I smiled against her side. "That's good then. I am dating their daughter so I'd hope they did."

"Yeah." Rhea agreed, but it was sad. Her feelings shifted suddenly. I guess she could only be distracted for so long before the loss comes back.

"You right, baby?" I asked her, quietly, kissing her on her jawline. She shivered beneath me at the feeling. Her hand rubbed against my back.

"I'll be okay." Rhea said. But she was struggling I could tell. She needed... she needed more distraction.

It was weird, right? Doing it here? In her parents home? Yeah, it was. But we also did it with my mother and brother on the other side of my wall.

It couldn't hurt to see where Rhea was at. I lent into her, using my hand to lay on her bare stomach. She was warm. She was so nice to touch.

I lent up and kissed her jaw again. Then again, softly. She enjoyed it and hummed in approval. "Rhea... if you want..." Rhea let me talk without interruption. "If you feel comfortable for it... let me distract you, baby."

I felt and heard Rhea smile. "I love that you've started calling me baby." Is all she whispered.

I kissed underneath her ear, and her grip tightened around my waist. "Is that a yes?" I asked.

Rhea hummed again, loving what I was doing against her neck. "What did you have in mind?"

"Let me surprise you." I told her, climbing on top and straddling her hips. Crashing my lips deeper into her neck, kissing and sucking on the skin there. It made her own hips grind against mine as quiet mains escaped her lips.