Nothing to Fear

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #2 – Nothing to Fear

A Gotham University Charity Book Signing is in progress and the guests talk about the string of robberies and vandalism that has been plaguing the university. For Megan to see and hear the news for herself to investigate it 'while patrolling the place to act like Bruce's bodyguard', to also have a look around for any strange things that's been going on. Besides hearing rumors from other people all day, it makes sense to be for real.

"(So many things have been happening at Gotham University itself. From robberies and vandalism...)" she thought about it. "(Well, I better act like I'm protecting Bruce's life until he shows up as Batman in a bit.)" Megan does her bodyguard duties right away, for she was good at her job.

Summer Gleeson greets a man, Dr. Long, and asks to interview him about the recent robberies. While the two enter an elevator, Bruce Wayne heads on and joins the couple. Bruce and Dr. Long discuss about Bruce's deceased father, and whilst Bruce assures Long that he would have been at least pleased that Wayne Enterprise has made great profits, Dr. Long huffs in disagreement.

"Your father and I attended university together. He had big plans for you."

So said Dr. Long himself for him and Thomas Wayne being Bruce's father use to work together, from a while back when he was alive.

"Well, I guess he'd be pleased." said Bruce. "Wayne Industries is more prosperous than ever."

"Pleased?" upset Dr. Long. "When your father was alive, Wayne was a name that commanded great respect. Now all Wayne stands for is a self-centered, jet-setting playboy. It's lucky your father didn't live to see what you've done to his good name. He'd have died of shame."

Ouch...! He states that he believes that Bruce has only downgraded his family's name of 'Wayne' by acting act he was nothing more than a rich playboy. Though Summer tries to assure Bruce that Dr. Long is only angry because of the troubles of the university, he's still inwardly troubled. Very rude for someone like Dr. Long to be saying those harsh words to Bruce, huh? A helicopter lands on the University Bank and upon noticing it, same with Megan to notice right away from a window to give her hero a call with her new gadget.

"(There's the suspect.)" Megan gives Bruce the scoop from her belt to contacting her partner. "Bruce! It's Megan. Do you see what's out there?"

"I see it through the elevator right now." he said. "Meet me at the building of the bank."

Bruce heads out and Megan was more than ready to go.

"I'm on it!"

Meanwhile, two goons and a man dressed up as a scarecrow confront a bank guard. The Scarecrow sprays the guard with a red gas and the guard suddenly sees himself covered with spiders. The goons watch in confusion, as they see nothing. Scarecrow explains that he helped the guard see his worst fear.

"Uh, what did you do to him, boss?" ask the goon's name Antony.

"I merely helped him visualize his innermost terror, which is obviously arachnophobia."

He was loss on what his boss was saying...

"Awacka-what?"

"Arachnophobia." Scarecrow corrects the other henchmen name Nigel. "Fear of spiders, you dimwitted dropout!"

And with Megan making it to the building to detect some gas from her special watch for which finds tons to be release all over the place, she grabs a gas mask to put over her mouth and nose while using her book type of computer 'known as her computer book she did make by hand' to analyze the gas on her end later.