The Man Who Killed Batman

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #46 - The Man Who Killed Batman

As rain pours down on Gotham City, a man hurriedly runs through the streets. As he runs, a newspaper flies by with the headline: 'BATMAN SLAIN? Mysterious Crime fighter Missing.' And somehow for Megan to be following him since Batman was really missing, could he really be dead though?

"(Why did I get myself into this mess?)" Megan questions herself while wearing a special raincoat. "Hey! Wait up you!"

"Sorry, Ms. Megan! But I have to go see him while you wait for me outside, please?"

"Seriously?!" Megan kept her guard up. "Fine...I got your back, just don't die you got it?"

The strange man goes up to the door to hitting it to see someone.

"Hello?! Let me in!" he said. "I need to see Rupert Throne!"

The man finally arrives at Rupert Thorne's house while Megan sneaks on in quietly to keep watch, and without getting caught. He gets inside and introduces himself — but Thorne already knows who he is — Sidney Debris, 'The Man Who Killed Batman'.

"I hear you've made a name for yourself. What is it they're calling you? Ah yes! 'The man who killed Batman'." Rupert said to give Sid a title.

Sidney, however, doesn't appreciate the fame, because now everyone wants to kill or fight him. So, Sidney tells his story...For Megan listens in to the whole story again to live through it all over again.

"(Oh, here we go...)"

Sidney was an average, two-bit crook who wanted to move up in the underworld and agreed to go on a drug run as a lookout. A gangster named Eddie G. gives Sidney a nickname called Sid 'The Squid'. The other mobsters, however, see Sidney as bait for the Batman to snap up while the rest of them flee. Only for Batman and Megan to show up for him to see them coming.

"Hey, wait!" Sidney tries talking to Batman. "This isn't what it looks like!"

Batman and Megan both see so otherwise already down below them.

"Looks like a drug run to me."

"Oh, really? Just sitting in the middle of nowhere with a group of other gangsters, I don't see anything wrong in some sorts." Megan shows out her gun at the man. "Just put your hands up where I can see them and come with us quietly."

Once Megan shows herself to Sidney, his face goes completely red to really fall in love for her.

"Wow...you're really her. Megan Tsuki, the bounty hunter of Gotham and partner of Batman himself...You're a total babe. To be stopped by you. I'm a huge fan."

Batman laughs about this making Megan to freak out.

"I got myself a rival." he makes a joke.

"Oh shut it, Batman!" angers Megan. "Look, you! Just stay where you are, or I will shoot!"

Batman started to walk up towards Sidney while Megan covers him from behind.

"Someone's behind this mess and I demand to know who it is."

"I don't know!" he said while walking backwards. "I'm just a look out! I mean it!"

Sidney is terrified and clumsy, but the other mobsters, watching their exaggerated shadows from afar, believe that Sidney is fighting Batman.

"Sid's taking on the Batman! The little weasel's got guts! No brains, but guts!" said one thug member.

For Megan to see this whole thing to be happening.