The Forgotten

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #7 - The Forgotten

It's another peaceful day in Gotham City and Bruce Wayne volunteers at the Dock Street Rescue Mission, which he is also a major benefactor. While Megan was on duty to watch on Bruce as she was acting like his personal bodyguard 'while helping them out in the area'.

"Your help means a lot to us, Bruce." said the priest.

"And your help to the city means a lot to me too." Bruce said back. "I have to do something while having Megan protecting me in Gotham."

She didn't have to be told twice from Bruce's sarcasm.

"(Just doing on what needs to be done, really. You don't have to rub it in.)"

Bruce helps the priest guy out in the kitchen.

"I wish we can do more. Lately, things haven't been going well."

"What do you mean?" ask Bruce.

The priest thanks Bruce for his help and mentions that people are disappearing, mainly homeless people who frequent the soup kitchen, but one of his volunteers has disappeared as well.

"I can't prove it, but I swore that people have been disappearing." he said to the two.

This was news for Bruce and Megan to be hearing about it, sounded serious.

"People disappearing?" Megan thought about it. "Now that you mentioned it, I've been hearing tons of reports lately of missing people all over Gotham nonstop."

Then it is very real...

"It's true, old and familiar faces that I haven't seen in a while, and a month ago Dan Riley goes missing. I'm telling you two, something very wrong."

"We believe in you, sounds serious." said Megan. "(Bruce, we got ourselves a missing people's case that needs to be solved right away.)"

"You talk to the police?" Bruce asks the priest about it.

Although the priest has reported this to the police, they haven't bothered to consider the situation as the disappearance of homeless people has not ranked high on their investigative list.

"Of course, the police have their hands full." he said.

"Well, that's just wrong." Megan said.

"And homeless people going missing isn't big news."

Well, it's Bruce and Megan to investigate about it to find them all. That night, Bruce dresses up in a shabby outfit and fixes himself up to look older, under the disguise of Gaff Morgan. While Bruce went out, Megan stays put to keep a look out until she's needed when he sends for help.

"Huh? How come I can't go with you, Bruce?" she asks him.

"Nothing personal, Megan, I just need backup." he said. "I'll be fine. The belt I gave to you should know when I'm in danger. You can track me down with it once you find out."

"Yeah, but still-!"

Bruce was ready to go.

"Is either you who saves me or me saving you."

Seems like Bruce made Megan blush.

"I'm don't need saving all the time, I can take care of myself." said Megan. "Just be careful! Okay?"

"It'll be fine." he said back.

And off Bruce goes 'while Megan waits back at the Wayne Manor'. He searches the city's slums and eventually a couple thugs that 'offers' him a job. After a brief fight, Gaff manages to disable both thugs and watches a stray cat on the fence. However, this distraction is all that a third thug needs to strike him over the head with a blackjack and knocks him out. Megan soon loses track of Bruce suddenly to have trouble tracking him down – not even the Batcomputer of her computer book weren't any help.