The Mechanic

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #51 – The Mechanic

Batman and Robin are pursuing the Penguin's thugs Eagleton, Falcone and Sheldrake in their getaway vehicle as Megan was in her other red sports car to follow her two partners. Penguin's men fire some gun shots at the other two cars to be bouncing off it.

"Is he kidding?" ask Robin.

"Well, they're a bunch of idiots is one way to put it." Megan said. "Come on, boys, we got ourselves some bad guys who need to be stopped!"

Yep, the gun bullets have not affected on neither of the vehicles.

"Maybe he's new in town." Batman said.

After Falcone sees that bullets bounce harmlessly off the Batmobile's armor, and Megan's car too, Eagleton takes drastic action to escape, jumping the car off the end of a dividing bridge, to crash into the bed of a garbage scow passing underneath. Megan stops her car, but not for Batman and Robin to almost driving into it.

"Ah! Stop the Batmobile! Drop bridge! Drop bridge!"

He listens to Megan, for Batman brakes to a stop, but not soon enough to prevent the front end of the Batmobile going under the bridge and gets crushed as it comes back down. Megan was happy to see them alive, but she felt bad for the machine to get crushed.

"Looks like Earl has his work cut out in time."

"(That's going to leave a permitted mark...)" then Megan asks the two boys about someone. "Ah, who's Earl?"

The Batmobile limps to a secret garage operated by Earl Cooper, who designed the vehicle. Along with his daughter Marva.

"What happened?" ask Earl to make a joke about Robin. "You've been letting the kid drive again?"

Earls got you there, Robin! Ouch!

"Ha, ha...Actually, we were playing chicken with a penguin."

"Looks like the Penguin won." Earl sees Megan for the first time. "Oh, you must be Batman's girlfriend. I've heard so much about. I'm Earl Cooper and this is my daughter Marva."

"Hi." Marva waves to Megan.

Yep, seems that Batman told them so much about her to make Megan feel shy to not admit it to some people. But only for Robin to step in to sweep Megan away soon enough.

"You mean my girlfriend, right?"

"(Really, Bruce?)" Megan looks at Batman to smile at her. "That's me, Earl. Although we're partners in fighting crime."

"Yeah, but it looks like you really like him a lot than just staying as plain old partners."

Earl and Marva were laughing with Megan there for her to introduce herself.

"Very funny...! My name is Megan Tsuki, bounty hunter of Gotham and 'partner' of Batman, okay? Anyways, about Batman's Batmobile here..."

Getting back to the matter at hand for Marva had to ask the three about the Penguin himself that they tried to stop tonight.

"Wait...The Penguin?" she asked.

"Well, three of his men to say the least." Batman added. "But they flew the coop."

Megan corrects Batman on something from his sentence there...

"For the record, Batman, penguins don't fly."

Earl then says he will need a few days to repair it, and in the meantime, gives Batman and Robin two Batcycles to ride. As Marva gives the two men their helmets to wear.