Harlequinade

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #70 – Harlequinade

The Joker steals an enormous bomb from a mob auction, plotting to 'make Gotham one big dent'. Mayor Hill refuses Commissioner Gordon's request to evacuate the city, saying that they don't have enough proof that the bomb is still in Gotham to risk mass panic. Well, something was going on with Mayor Hill so that's not good. For Gordon to hear him say something about this while mess, for Megan overhears the rest and alerts Bruce/Batman to be at the scene of the crime right away.

"Nothing?"

"I think something's eating the mayor." Gordon answers Megan. "Something is very wrong with him other than the Joker getting away with a real-life bomb."

"I get it, really. But just a few questions to ask here...One, why would the criminals bid on a bomb like the size of a rhino? And two...Who the heck sells off bombs to be working still?!"

No kidding, Megan. As Batman finally appears to hear about the issue going on, things will get bad if the two don't do something and fast.

"Joker's up to no good again." the Dark Knight said.

Megan was happy to see her boyfriend again to be calming down from questioning herself.

"I'm glad you came, Batman."

"So, how do you think we can get to the Joker?" Gordon asked.

"The Joker will be extra cautious this time. We'll have to think like him...or recruit someone who does."

Not knowing who else to turn to, Batman and Gordon plan to offer Harley Quinn, who is currently incarcerated in Arkham Asylum, a full pardon in return for helping them. Really? Her?! For Megan had some bad tides the last time with Harley Quinn from feeling betrayed, it could be worse twice tonight as they leave the scene at her and Batman's little place they hang out at.

"Grrr...Not Harley Quinn!" Megan tries keeping her cool. "Please excuse us, Gordon, we'll get right to it somehow."

The two lovers talk about the plan at hand, for Bruce doesn't blame Megan from her last time she was with Harley, it hurt her feelings a lot.

"Are you against this?" ask Batman.

"Ah, I don't know, Bruce! What do you think?!"

"There's no need to hide it, but we have no other choice right now. Just stay close to me and I'll make her listen."

Hard to do, but since Batman was willing to take their only chance for Megan to understand that the City of Gotham and the people were in danger, what other choice did they have? Megan hates it, but all of this...she won't be too happy.

"Really?" Megan asks Batman. "(I'm so going to regret this!) Fine. If it's with you, Bruce, I'm fine with it. Or so help me I'll..." Batman kisses Megan makes her feel a bit better now.

"It'll be fine, Megan." said Batman. "Let's go. Leave all the talking to me. She'll listen to reason."

"(Well, that's what I'm more worried about.)"

Tell me about it! As Megan waited her the car of hers outside of Arkham Asylum for Batman, he talks to Harley, work for them to find Joker, and getting out of Arkham in a full probation but only if she doesn't double cross.

"I need help." said the Dark Knight.

Harley Quinn would never work with the likes of Batman, that's for sure. Even for Megan already knew something like this would happen.