Cat Scratch Fever

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #31 – Cat Scratch Fever

Selina Kyle stands trial for multiple counts of grand theft as Catwoman. The judge informs her that the penalty for her crimes is up to twenty-five years in prison. The fact that she committed her thefts to benefit animal rights causes is not a mitigating circumstance, but because she helped Batman and Megan to save Gotham City from plague, she is handed a relatively lenient sentence of five years' probation—a decision that receives heavy applause from Catwoman's fans in the gallery. However, the judge calls for silence and warns Selina that if Catwoman breaks the law again, she won't be so lucky.

"And though she's been released on probation, the question still remains -- can this lady leopard really change her spots?" so says a reporter.

So now she was free to go. Megan watches the news for herself to be...somewhat please about her friend, to the other than she's kind of mad at her – not only for ruining their friendship, but for also liking Batman.

"(It's good to see Selina's free to not do any more crimes again...It just...)" she had her doubts. "(I hope so to help us out as Catwoman to fight for good, maybe as friends again, but her taking Bruce only as Batman for herself? I just...! Darn!)"

She wasn't the only watching it while working out, same with Bruce as he watches the news of Selina's sentencing. Seems like he notices Megan getting a bit jealous about it from the very beginning to being right.

"Megan? Are you feeling all right?"

"Huh? I'm fine!" she said.

"You don't sound fine to me." he said.

Alfred wonders why he all that pleased, knowing how attracted Bruce was to her. Well, more to Megan now to be closer little by little.

"I do hope you two will be seeing Ms. Selina again now she's free to prowl again."

Bruce says he's not convinced that Selina's reformed and decides to keep tabs on her. He adds that the idea of starting a relationship is dubious, since she is in love with Batman, not him as Bruce Wayne.

"I don't think so." Bruce said to Alfred. "You're forgetting about Megan."

"But I thought you'd grown quite fond of her." said the butler. "I assumed the feeling was mutual."

"Almost."

Bruce pointed out to Megan to look unhappy on her end, more like she was too angry to explode at any moment.

"Alfred...! Stop talking!!!"

"Oh, my...! I do apologize, Ms. Megan..."

She then takes some deep breaths to go take a shower and leave to go out on her own.

"Forget it..." she leaves the room. "Bruce, I'm going out once I had my shower, I'll report to you if anything goes down again, lately there have been some missing pets."

As Alfred and Bruce leave the room, it was true Selina Kyle really loves Batman but not Bruce Wayne to have a tough time, for his saying to this. Told you guys so...

"Oh, dear, these modern relationships can be so complicated. Will she be well, Master Bruce?" Alfred asks him.

"I'll catch up to her in a while. The problem with Selina is this...she's in love with Batman and not Bruce Wayne. And... Megan has the right to be jealous." he said. "She lost a friend to be trusted and the only thing on Megan's mind right now and to worry about me, as myself being Bruce and as Batman for the world to know all over Gotham - he loves Megan Tsuki even more."