Christmas with the Joker

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #49 - Christmas With the Joker

'I had to do this for later as in right now from here than from episode two to have more of story to it. First the beginning to me, and now a Christmas special. You know? So yes, I just wanted you all to know all about it just in case.' It's Christmas Eve and even the inmates of Arkham Asylum are celebrating. They sing 'Jingle Bells' and set up decorations. The Joker is given the golden ornament to put on top of the Christmas Tree.

"Jingle bells! Jingle bells! Jingle all the way! Oh, what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh! Hey!"

However, as soon as he places it on top of the tree, a hidden rocket activates, and Joker rides out to freedom.

"Jingle Bells, Batman smells. Robin laid an egg. The Batmobile lost a wheel and the Joker got away!" he takes off on the flying rocket tree and continues to sing. "Crashing through the roof, in a one-horse open tree. Busting out I go, laughing all the wheeeee! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!"

Meanwhile, Megan Tsuki was visiting her parents' graves to visit on a snowy night to have a lonely Christmas this year.

"(Another year without you two with me, Mom. Dad. Ah, man...This is going to be hard even with Bruce, Alfred, Gidget, and Dick being with me would do any good.)" Megan then leaves to go find her friends. "Speaking of Dick and Bruce, where are they?"

Megan sees Gidget to find both Bruce and Dick back at the Batcave, Robin tries to convince Batman to kick back and relax as there's no need for them to go out on Christmas.

"Hey, Megan, you heard about the issue going on?" Dick asks her. "Anyways, I thought we do some fun Christmas time you and me this year..."

"Yeah, I've heard to be working hard on a holiday and to relax. What's up with you guys dress up?"

On patrol during the holidays from the looks it on Bruce's end.

"Night holiday patrol. Help me out here..." he tries talking to Bruce. "Come on, Batman, it's Christmas Eve. Let's kick back and get into the season."

Batman believes otherwise since Joker has escaped.

"But the Joker has escape from Arkham Asylum, Robin. Megan knows of this too." he said.

Megan was a bit upset for the guys and Gidget to hear something out of her mouth.

"Look, Bruce, we both get it that Joker had escaped to be a big problem...I don't mind going out since I have no good holiday fun this year."

Dick, Bruce, and Gidget didn't get what was wrong with Megan lately.

"You okay, Megan?"

"I'm fine, Dick." she said.

"Well...You really think he's gonna make his move on Christmas Eve, Bruce?" he asks his partner. "Even scum spend the holidays with their families."

Then Bruce/Batman added...

"He has no family." Batman then turns to Megan again. "Are you sure you're feeling all right, Megan?"

"Well, about that..."

Doesn't look like it for poor Megan Tsuki, even Gidget couldn't tell what was wrong with its human friend. Then Dick/Robin says something next to Bruce.

"Okay, I'll make a deal with you. If we go out on patrol, and Gotham is quiet, with no sign of the Joker, we come back here, have Christmas dinner, and watch 'It's a Wonderful Life'."