Beware the Gray Ghost

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #15 - Beware the Gray Ghost

I still can't believe Adam West voiced a character in this episode, we'll all miss you, dude. May you rest in peace...He was the best. :) In flashback, a young Bruce Wayne is watching an episode of his favorite show, The Gray Ghost. The Narrates talks about the upcoming episode that was on TV.

"When crime haunts the night, a silent crusader carries the torch of justice. Those with evil hearts beware for out of the darkness comes the Gray Ghost!"

Cutting between the past and the present, the same thing is seen happening in the present as in the episode: A whirring sound is heard, followed by a massive explosion that destroys a building. Megan who was in the area already sees and hears the explosions to be going off 'on top of a building' to call up Bruce to go as Batman, as his partner contact him by using her belt.

"(Another one this week...Not good...!)" she talks to Bruce. "Hey, Bruce, I spotted another bomb going off nearby. Please hurry-!"

"I know." Batman comes up behind Megan to make her jump a little.

"Ah!!!! Bruce! You scared the crap out of me!"

"You'll get used to it." he said to be laughing a little.

Seeing things from afar to be getting much more serious, Megan and Bruce/Batman rush to the area right away.

"Whatever...Let's get going." said Megan.

The police receive a ransom note, signed 'The Mad Bomber'. In the show, the Gray Ghost is shown jumping off a neighboring building to investigate, while in the present Batman and Megan both do the same thing for Gordon and his men to see the chaos was happening up in flames.

"Batman! Megan!"

"What up, Gordon?" Megan said to him.

Gordon shows the two a threat letter for Batman to read on what it says.

"It says... 'Pay up! Or pay the consequence! One million in cash! Or the Gotham Bank is next!!! – Sign, The Mad Bomber'."

Megan tries getting something out of the threat note.

"Mad Bomber, huh?"

Batman sees the connection, but does not remember the end of the episode, since he fell asleep before it was over. He soon remembers now in his sleep to wake up to it...

"The Gray Ghost!" he said in shock.

So off to driving for Alfred aids Bruce and Megan to find on what they needed from this case to be solved. While also hearing the news on the TV in the car cool, huh?

"What does this have to do with this old TV show you use to watch, Bruce? When you were little?" ask Megan. "What was it called...? Gray Ghost, right?"

"You're right, Megan." he explains to her. "I watch that show a lot to grow up with it to become who I am today. I remember from one episode was called 'The Mad Bomber', the same way he does things like we're dealing with in real life right now."

Even Megan tries finding out about Gray Ghost but had trouble getting the episode up of it from her computer book. But she did find something else out.

"Oh, great...I want to help you out on this anyway, but..."

"What's wrong?" Bruce asks her.

"Good news and bad news. The bad news is - I can't hook up that episode unless we find a copy film of it, it's very rare to find it anywhere else from any store to be selling them."