Harley's Holiday

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #79 – Harley's Holiday

At Arkham Asylum, Harley Quinn is jubilant to receive a clean bill of mental health from her doctor and be granted parole. Batman, Megan, and Robin, in the process of returning Scarecrow to Arkham yet again.

"I am the master of fear! The lord of despair! Cower before me and witness terror!"

"Hi, Professor Crane!" Harley said to him.

"Good evening, child." said in a normal voice and the talks crazy again. "Worship me, fools! Worship me! Scream hosannas of anguish to Scarecrow, the all-terrible god of fear!"

Megan smacks him on the head.

"Shut up!"

Soon, Scarecrow gets taken away for the three to do another fine job to stopping him again.

"I think he's getting better." said Robin.

"Geeze, you think?" question Megan. "Oh, right...I still can't believe Harley Quinn's getting out."

Harley seems like it now. But for the three to offer their congratulations but warn her to stay out of trouble. For Batman and Megan to make their point about it loud and clear.

"So I made some mistakes besides liking Mr. J, I have to admit...but I'm a change person now, Bats. Megs. You'll see."

For Batman to shake hands with Harley, he hopes so as well.

"I hope for your sake you will." he said.

"Likewise."

Guess Megan made her point too. For Harley declares that, starting the next day, she'll show the world just how sane she is.

"I'll show you all." Harley said. "Starting tomorrow, you'll see that I'm sane as everybody else!" The next day, she is ambling down the street on roller skates, looking for all the world like a car-hop on her day off – except she's taking her two rabid pet hyenas for a walk, and passersby are scrambling to get out of her way. If her outfit is the problem, and noticing a clothing sale in a department store, Harley decides to do some shopping, bringing her hyenas with her. "Come on, babies! We're going shopping!"

One of the Hyenas shrugs to the other. And this is what Harley calls being sane? Oh, boy...Inside, Bruce Wayne is reluctantly trying on clothes, with the help of Veronica Vreeland. While Megan finishes up her own clothes shopping to sit around for Bruce since she was acting like his bodyguard.

"I love it!" said Veronica.

For this girl to have Bruce try on some clothes, must be boring.

"That makes one of us."

"Really, Brucie. A man of your social standing needs a woman like me to keep you in step with the latest trends. Besides Megan here for me to help her out, right?"

She acts like she didn't care to be jealous again to her friend who's with Bruce all day.

"Whatever... (This is lame!)" Megan said to herself.

"Besides, who dresses you anyway? Alfred?"

Once Veronica asks Bruce that question, he blushes to think about Megan helping him out more.

"Well...actually..."

Harley catches sight of them and cheerfully remembers when they last met – during a hold-up by the Joker. Ha! Poor Veronica...She sees Megan as well.