The Worry Men

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #62 – The Worry Men

Veronica Vreeland hosts a party celebrating her return from a trip to South America, eager to share stories and promote environmental awareness (the party doubles as a fundraiser on behalf of the rain forest).

"Hello, Gotham! I'm home!" she said.

Others cheer for her return, for Megan goes along with it to hate spoil rich people like Veronica was 'pals to get a long a little to hate her attitude only'.

"Oh God, kill me. I understand I have to be Bruce's bodyguard to everyone else to hear Veronica's annoyance from her trips to do another charity party." said Megan to try dealing with it all. "Give me a break."

In attendance are Bruce Wayne and Hayden Sloane, a securities broker, who is frank about the stress he is experiencing at work.

"So much stress from work makes me worry a lot." he said.

Megan believes in Hayden's words there.

"And for me to keep Bruce in check as my boyfriend as Batman and himself."

"Excuse me?"

Trying to hide the secret, Megan says something from it differently in time to keep Bruce Wayne was Batman in time before anyone else heard.

"I mean, as Bruce's bodyguard is a bit stressful to me too and who's Batman's girlfriend." she said to be relief. "(Too close!)"

Bruce goes along with it.

"Guess all three of us are worried about things from time to time." said Bruce.

Overhearing, Veronica shows them some special souvenirs: 'Worry Men'.

"Stress out for the three you? Is that what I'm hearing about?" she asked to show them something. "I have a cure for that."

"Dolls?" Megan was lost. "What are we, Veronica, three years old?"

I agree, they do look very odd. Even Hayden agrees with Megan, so weird looking.

"I agree with Megan, a little too old for dolls, don't you think?"

"Not these dolls." Veronica shows them a bag full of them. "They're Worry Men." These strange Worry Men things are miniature dolls that are meant to be placed under the pillow. Veronica was told that the little men will absorb all their owner's troubles at night, allowing them to sleep and give him a stress-free day.

"Oh, really now? No thank you."

Hayden and Bruce both indulge her and take some but Megan.

"Just take one just in case to hold on to." Veronica gives one to Megan.

"I still think it's a little pointless..." Bruce tells his friend about it.

Not to Veronica to travel within the jungles during her trip that is...

"Don't be so picky, Brucey, when I was in the jungle that I've seen things, you would never believe in, and neither would Megan. For me, I haven't had a stress out feeling since my trip."

Because of the strange dolls of hers from which Veronica has gotten? Really? Soon it gives Hayden and Bruce to use the Worry Men dolls as soon as they can.

"Sounds great to me." Hayden said.

Megan refuses to use any of the Worry Men dolls 'even if everyone else was'.

"Seriously?"

"What's wrong, Megan?" Bruce asks his bodyguard. "Afraid your stress out moments from every day to try something new?"