Birds of a Feather

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #41 – Birds of a Feather

Penguin's up to his old tricks again, this time robbing a museum of its paintings, with him taking an interest in a picture of ducks created by John James Audubon.

"Sorry about the intrusion, sir, but at least you've been ransacked by a man of impeccable taste." he said to the tied-up security guard.

As usual, Penguin tries to keep a high-class image with his victims and then Batman and Megan have arrived to stop him.

"Two days out of prison and you're back to your old games, eh Penguin?"

"Tell me something I don't know, Batman." said Megan to be having her gun out. "Just the same old thing we do every night it would seem."

Penguin wasn't too happy to be stop by them.

"You two again and again and again!" Penguin fires with his umbrella gun at them.

The two ducked to go after the man bird, only he had a dirty trick up the Penguin's sleeves of his. A smoke bomb! Lucky for Megan to have a sunglasses type of heat vision to lead Batman the way to the villain.

"This way!"

"Right behind you!" Batman follows her.

Penguin tries to escape the place while shooting at the two heroes, but it's simply no use one Batman uses his Batarang on the lamp ceiling for Penguin to fire at it, and Megan to do the rest. And once again, they caught their trouble making bird.

"Time to put this birdy back in his cage where he belongs." said Megan.

"No!" angered Penguin.

After some time, Penguin is released from jail and insists that he has learned his lesson and he's ready to rejoin elite society.

"What's the matter, Penguin? Maybe the cream of society's curdled, huh?" said the prison guard.

However, Penguin finds that no one is waiting for him outside of the prison and he ends up having to take a bus filled with less than savvy people and a rude driver into Gotham.

"You comin' or not!" the bus driver asks Penguin. "I got a schedule, y'know?"

"And a lovely disposition to go with it." Penguin gathers himself and gets on the old bus. He looks at all of the weird people who are on it. "Eh, this is hardly the style to which I am accustomed..."

"Glad you like it." she drives the bus in a hurry.

Elsewhere, Veronica Vreeland mopes over her falling social status. Her equally vain manservant Pierce suggests that she throw a party. Veronica agrees but thinks that she needs something special to spruce up the party. Pierce reminds her of the Joker crashing into a friend's party and then shows her a news article of the Penguin's release. Believing that this will bring her back into the eyes of her peers, Veronica makes plans to invite him. Penguin returns home expecting to find his own peers waiting for him. However, he finds that only Batman and Megan are there waiting to warn him to stay out of trouble.

"Guess who?"

Once Megan said that in the room, Penguin takes a guess on who it was while finding the voice.

"Say, who's there? Two-Face? Killer Croc? Joker old shoe?"

Then Batman answers back to him.

"None of them above, Penguin." the Dark Knight said to showing himself.