Day of the Samurai

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #38 – Day of the Samurai

In Japan, at the dojo of Yoru Sensei, his star pupil, a young woman named Kairi, is practicing late at night. She is suddenly interrupted by a ninja, who knocks her unconscious and carries her away, leaving behind a ransom demand for Yoru. Back in Gotham, Alfred comes down the Batcave to give the phone to Bruce to tell him of a call was for him.

"Master Bruce?"

"What is it, Alfred?" he asks his butler.

"Yoru Sensei's on line three."

Megan hears all of this while working on her own gadget making on a few things with Gidget helping her out.

"Hey!" she overhears the boys. "Isn't Yoru dude Bruce's teacher who taught him how to fight from Japan? (I better hear this one out, it might be serious.)"

Using a pin of a shape of a hair pin to hear from her watch and small headphones in her ear of the phone call. For Yoru telephones Bruce Wayne in Gotham City, saying he needs his help. A nice way to travel from the U.S.A. and into the country of Japan for Megan, Gidget, Alfred, and Bruce taking a nice private plane for this...Also, this was Megan's first time going on a trip out of the country.

"You look happy about this trip, Megan. This is your first?"

Well, Bruce didn't have to ask Megan twice about it.

"You bet!" she said while Gidget took photos. "I've always wanted to travel to other countries to see even for Japan, and now I am! But I also know this is business too. So, I'll be ready for anything to help out your teacher."

Megan sees the drawing belonging to someone she and Bruce know of to being there.

"We'll try to do two things as we can here, little at a time. I promise." he said.

"While trying to stop Kyodai Ken again too?"

"You bet we are...!"

After Bruce, Megan, Gidget, and Alfred arrive in Japan, Bruce goes to meet Yoru, wondering innocently how he can be of service. Yoru says that hopes he can pass along his request to Batman, whom Bruce 'must know'. Does he know of Bruce Wayne is Batman to keep only to himself about it?

"Perhaps, I thought, you might somehow enlist the aid of this 'Batman'. You know him, do you not?" Yoru asks his student.

Bruce answers his teacher with a smile.

"We've met."

Anyways, Megan tries to train a little for Yoru comes in to see of her to be stress from using her powers again, still unknown to her own abilities.

"E.S.P. and karate skills, I see." said the Sensei. "You are Bruce-San's personal bodyguard, are you not?"

Megan and Gidget bow to Yoru.

"Please to meet you, sir." Megan said. "I'm Megan Tsuki. Bruce has told me so many great things about you. We are good friends as I protect the man who rescue me with nowhere else to go."

"Yes, yes. And since you and Batman are here too, are you two very close than just partners?"

Megan's face turns red when Yoru asked her that question.

"Huh?! Hey, now what makes you say that?! (Well, Bruce as himself or Batman to me is kind of cute...)"

"There is no use hiding it, love is a powerful thing to use." he said. "And you seem stress to not understanding more about yourself. Am I correct?"