Batgirl Returns

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #83 – Batgirl Returns

A jade cat from the Han Dynasty is stolen. Batman and Megan investigate, but is ambushed by the Penguin, the Joker, and Two-Face. Batgirl then arrives and quickly manages to defeat the villains and goes to see Batman if is okay. For Megan to be fine, all was good. Grateful, he holds Batgirl in close for a kiss.

"Are you alright?" Batgirl asked.

"Yes, thanks to you." said the Dark Knight himself.

Ah, yeah...As if! Just then Dick calls her and awakens Barbara from her dreams. He offers to take her to get a pizza, but she refuses it. Just then, she receives a newspaper that has a headline showing that a 'priceless statuette [was] stolen from Gotham University'. With her interest piqued, Barbara decides to take a break after all. You all know what that means...As well as Megan to also be getting the news as well to report this part to Dick/Robin. Also, Bruce as Batman was out on business as he was out of Gotham City for a while.

"Hmm...Someone has stolen the jaded cat statue? How so...? Selina Kyle aka Catwoman is behind this again?" this questions Megan. "(Alright, before jumping to any conclusion, I better report this to Robin first. Not the first time I dealt with things alone without my boo.)" she calls up Dick with her belt for him to have a spare commutator. "Yo, Dick, it's me. Megan. Listen, I got some news you might want to hear about."

"I'll meet with you later tonight." Robin said. "I think I may know where the next heist might be at..."

At the University, Catwoman investigates the break-in and is interrupted by Batgirl. The two briefly fight but Catwoman claims she's innocent and proves that the crime isn't her style.

"This is weird..." Batgirl then sees Megan's arriving. "Huh? Megan?"

She shows her gun at her friend/enemy of Catwoman.

"Hold it!"

"Wait!!!"

Both Catwoman and Batgirl tells Megan for all of them to slow down together at the same time.

"Huh? Batgirl? (If it isn't Barbara Gordon herself. Wow!)" Megan then lowers her weapon to see the stolen item to be down sloppy like. "I see...Seems you're innocent for once, Selina, but trying to steal the jaded cat is still bad. You should know by now."

"Nice to see you again, Megan, without your Batman this time." said Catwoman. "And yes, the locks from the window above were melted with sometime of acid chemical."

Megan scans the wet spot and sees for herself through the computer book.

"I see...From the locks, also the security lines have been melted. Not good. Someone else has stolen it from the looks of it." she said. "Batgirl, I guess you're here to see that like I am?"

"That I am, Megan." said Batgirl. "So, if you, Catwoman, she doesn't do this type of stealing, then Megan's right. Someone else stolen the item."

For Catwoman uses her claws to cut the glass carefully proves her point to the two girls.

"Yes, correct. See?" she shows the glass piece. "Skillful and quiet. I'm a thief to save animals, not to hurt lives."

"Then tell the police about it."

Despite this and Batgirl saying that part, Catwoman refuses to go with Batgirl to the police.

"Sorry, but that's also not my style." Catwoman leaves as she tries clawing Megan away from her.