Harley and Ivy

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #52 - Harley and Ivy

It's another night in Gotham City, and once again the Joker is fleeing the Batmobile in his own car with Megan helping him out, along with Harley Quinn in the driver's seat.

"Well, well, on a car chase with the two love birds of the evil Joker and Harley." Megan said to be sarcastic. "They sure make a bad couple."

"Tell me about it, Megan, not like us though."

When Batman said it, Megan had to agree with him there.

"You got that right! Tell me something I don't already know about."

Talk about an odd bad guy couple, huh?

"Ahh! The wind in my hair and the Batman and Megs at my heels! It's the kind of night that makes you glad to be alive! Right, Harley girl?"

She tries to agree with her boss/lover while still driving.

" Sh--sh--sure thing, Mr. J!" she said.

When Joker orders her to turn, she protests, but he orders again, and she does so – causing the car to careen down a construction hill. She did try to warn her boss/lover, as Megan and Batman go downhill too while the chase still continues.

"Hold on!" alerted Batman.

At least those two were fine. Irritably, Joker snaps at Harley to hand him his gun, which she does after rummaging through his bag.

"Hey! Bats and Megs! This is where you two get a flat!" Joker laughs.

He takes gleeful aim at the Batmobile's tires, but the gun turns out to be 'bang flag' joke item. Megan kind of laughs.

"Now that's funny." Megan laughed a little.

Batman gets close enough to snag Joker's rear bumper with a tow cable. As he reverses, Harley presses a button and jettisons the boot, leaving the Batmobile behind as the clown's escaped.

"If you two want the car so badly, then you can have it!" said Harley. "Take half of it!"

Well, the two bad clowns escaped, but at least the other two heroes were both all right. For Megan, she hates Harley and finds Joker more annoying to her.

"Man, I really hate those two."

"Next time, clown." Batman checks on Megan. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Megan was bleeding a little on the head. "It was just a bump, really."

Batman gets some ice for Megan to have her cut clean off and patch up to heal in time.

"It's best to be safe than sorry, you know?" he pats Megan on the head. "You almost got hurt."

"I've been through worse. But hey, we'll stop them or one of the two either way, right?"

Batman smiles.

"You know what to do if you can't handle it alone, right?"

Megan already knows the drill for Batman has taught her so many times since she worked for him.

"Yeah, I know...anything goes back, I call you right away. On it."

Back at the hideout, Joker rants about Harley's screw-up with the gun.

"No, we didn't get the diamond! The Dork Knight and his lady friend both showed up before we even got to the museum! I had a great shot at them, too. Except...my dear little Harley Quinn handed me the wrong gun!" said the clown.