Appointment in Crime Alley

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #22 – Appointment in Crime Alley

Roland Daggett watches with interest as a scale model of Crime Alley is blown up and congratulates his hired arsonist, Nitro. They discuss their plan to blow up Crime Alley and make it look like an old gas line ruptured so that it can't be traced back to Daggett. Nitro assures him that the job will be done at 9:00 sharp. Not him again! Daggett should've stayed in jail where he belongs! Meanwhile, Bruce Wayne watches Summer Gleeson give a news report about the city zoning board rejecting Daggett's proposal to bulldoze a block in Park Row—once an upscale section of Gotham, but now fallen into dilapidation and dubbed 'Crime Alley'. However, the area is still occupied and, as the residents have nowhere else to go, they resist its destruction. Daggett appears on the news, arguing that although Park Row is a historical landmark, it's a breeding ground for crime. Megan sees and hears the whole thing as well while she and Bruce were working out together.

"Oh, great...!" she hates seeing Daggett's face again. "Roland shouldn't have gotten out of jail! Such a jerk!"

Megan punches the punching bag really hard with strong force. Huh? Another strange thing about her powers again? Could be...

"After what he did to Matt Hagen becoming Clayface, I have to agree with you." said Bruce.

"Then tell me, Bruce, why is that man want something done so badly? Why does he hate you?"

Better selling things for a criminal to go up against a billionaire man of Gotham? I guess...?

"Some of best man taking over something wins." said Bruce to notice Megan's nice outfit to wear right now when she's working out. "And best man having a hot looking partner."

Megan was blushing when Bruce said those words to her.

"Bruce, please! You've seen me in this already, get used to it." Megan said.

"Yeah, I know..."

How love slowly happens for these two, huh?

"Whatever..." said Megan.

With Alfred turning the TV off after seeing and hearing the news, smells like trouble was about to happen in that area again.

"Roland Daggett's up to something."

"That almost goes without saying, doesn't it, sir?" said Alfred to agreeing with him.

"I don't know what it is yet, but I will." so says Bruce.

Also, Megan wants in 'as always' on this one to aid Bruce for they were a team.

"Me too! We are in this together after all, Bruce."

"You don't want to be late for your 8 o'clock appointment, sir." Alfred reminded Bruce.

Bruce and Megan were done working out after today anyways.

"Have I ever been late, Alfred?"

"No, sir." said Alfred to handing Bruce a towel. "Not once in all these years."

This was news for Megan to be hearing about this part, for it wasn't about stopping Daggett.

"Appointment? What appointment?" she asked. "(Bruce has an appointment at the Crime Alley place. Sounds important the way he and Alfred are talking about it so much. Hmmm...)"

Batman and Megan both headed out in the Batmobile to Crime Alley. Unaware that Daggett was going to make some speech at some fancy dinner place tonight, for his next dirty scheme that's about to happen tonight real soon. As the driving to the area continued, Megan had to ask Bruce what was so important about his appointment. But before she could say anything, Bruce said it to her first.