Joker's Wild

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #35 – Joker's Wild

An argument over the TV erupts in the rec room of Arkham Asylum between Poison Ivy and the Joker. Ivy is watching a gardening show while the Joker wants to watch some comedy. The argument is eventually resolved when nearest guard, Irving, breaks it up and changes the channel at random, hitting on a news report about the opening of billionaire Cameron Kaiser's latest luxury casino outside Gotham City.

"Don't look now, Sonny Jim." said the clown. "But the Plant Lady's gone wackers again."

"He started it! I was just sitting here!"

For Joker and Ivy were fighting over a TV channel to watch.

"That's right! You're always blaming me! And the children wonder why we fight." the clown was being silly for the guard to change the channel to stay on. "You hold my hand, and I'll slug you...Ha!" Joker made another joke there.

This made Ivy mad again.

"GUARD!"

But the clown stops her to be teasing.

"Just kidding! Just kidding! Yeesh, Pammy, lighten up!"

The theme of the casino has been a carefully kept secret. Kaiser snips the ribbon, and everyone is shocked to see the new casino dubbed 'Joker's Wild', complete with a laughing effigy of Joker's head on top. As Megan was seeing this 'in her nice dress like Dorothy Wayne Wright wore in The Big O Anime series' to hate seeing this place.

"Oh, super." Megan was acting. "(Man, this is a very bad idea...Good thing Bruce and I decided to investigate this place. With this guy Kaiser to keep up with something we both know what this all means, the real Joker's coming.)"

Kaiser laughs off the idea that he is honoring Joker, instead saying he is paying tribute to the symbol's classic roots, not caring if it does resemble 'some criminal fruitcake'.

"Ugh, that is disgusting!" she said quietly.

But her cameraman tells Summer that they were still recording this live on TV still.

"Psst, Summer! We're on the air!"

"Oh! Uh...there you have it!" she goes up to Bruce again. "Let's get a reaction from the crowd. Mr. Wayne?"

But Bruce was obviously nauseated like Megan was too.

"No comment." he then walks away with his date and for Megan to follow him.

An outraged Joker hurls Ivy's potted plant through the TV, raging about how someone would use his image for their own benefit.

"How dare that smug, preening fool try to cash in on my image!"

"Now who should lighten up?" Ivy said to Joker.

Well, the clown means business now.

"Don't get cute with me, Red! He's ripping me off! I'll protest..." he said. "Yeah, I'll sue! Then I'll rip his lungs out...And I will, too." Joker fakes an illness to be taken to the infirmary, and quickly gives his guard the slip, although Irving is letting him go on purpose because he works for Kaiser. "Step right up and play everybody's favorite game 'What's the Joker got in the pail'? Maybe a deadly poison, or maybe just something to make the floor nice and slippery." He quickly trips the two men with the slippery floors and then escapes the asylum and grabs a passing truck. "Don't try this at home, kids."

Bruce Wayne, a guest at the opening gala and Megan as his bodyguard, as he quickly gives his date the push, and summons Alfred with a Batsuit.

"I didn't mind driving all this way to deliver the Batsuit to you, sir, nor bring the other things with them too just in case." said Alfred. "But leaving your date so suddenly..."