House and Garden

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #67 – House and Garden

A giant creature climbs his way up a building and enters an apartment through the window. It seems to know the territory well as it moves towards an abstract painting, tearing it away. A safe is revealed and the strange being wastes no time disposing of the door and gathering its contents. The creature is interrupted by the owner but is quick to knock him out-cold and leaves with the goods. For Megan to see this happening as she rushes over to the man at the hospital to be treated right away, she gives Bruce Wayne/Batman a call to report in. Another plant-like creature, huh? Sounds very familiar...

"(It can't be, can it...?)" she tells Bruce from her belt. "Yo, Bruce, it's me. Some creature attacked a man. He still breathing, but he was robbed. And yes, I said this thing's some type of creature. Meet me at the police station."

It's time to investigate right away. At the Police Department, Commissioner Gordon and a police scientist analyze a strange green substance that turns out to be a poison. The same poison was used four different times during the past month. The scientist admits to not identifying it and manifests his worry that he might not be able to keep the victims of the poison alive for much longer.

"Why don't you ask the person who made the poison." Batman reveals himself from behind the shadows and points out his suspicion of Poison Ivy in the matter.

Megan joins in as well to try learning more of the data from her computer book.

"Hmm...That's the only thing I see from it I guess. Hey, Gordon." she said. "Is it Poison Ivy again?"

However, Gordon insists she is not a valid suspect and admits his belief that Ivy has turned over a new leaf.

"She was our first guest, but we ruled her out."

"Is she still in Arkham?" Batman asks Gordon to see the chemicals next.

Not really, Gordon reveals that she had been released from Arkham Asylum after apparently completing her therapy successfully.

"She completed her insane problems about six months ago." he said. "Pam's in a good clean health now."

Oh, really? Someone like Ivy?

"What do you mean by being cured? Ivy?" Megan was confused. "I doubt it to have some type of plant poisonous creature running around and causing trouble."

"Not causing trouble to plant madness or using men anymore." Gordon tells the two that Ivy also had married her psychiatrist, Steven Carlyle, becoming the stepmother of his two children, Chris and Kelly. "She's not only clean, but she's also married."

Well, this comes to a big surprise to Batman and Megan there to be very surprised to hear. But it was all true.

"What!?! Ivy's married to become a stepmother to her psychiatrist and a mother to his kids?! Ah, Batman!"

"I know, Megan, we'll know the rest until we see more proof up close in person." said Batman.

The next day, Batman, Megan, and Gordon pay a visit to the Carlyle residence and express their suspicion regarding the mysterious robberies and poisoning attacks.

"Ah, hi Pam." Megan tries to be nice. "May we speak to you please?"

Batman started to tell Pam and Steven about plant monsters to be robbing rich men lately all over Gotham.

"Someone is poisoning and robbing wealthy young men. As painful as it sounds, all clues point to your wife." the Dark Knight tells Steven.

"That's outrageous! Pamela hasn't--"