Avatar

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #66 – Avatar

The time and place is Egypt 1898. A young boy brings a lantern to an explorer. He is lowered into a temple and searches through the artifacts. Suddenly, a doorway starts to glow with light. The rope is suddenly pulled in with such force that it takes several men to pull it back up. When it is pulled back up, only a burned frayed end is retrieved. The explorer is nowhere to be found. Back in the present, Lucius Fox commends Bruce on his donating several Egyptian artifacts to the museum. Megan was liking the looks from the old things to see from one of her true forms and other clones looked just like them, some bird-like Egyptian thingy.

"(Freaky...Although I'll never be part of those things, but I do feel sorry for my first clone.)" Megan said.

Lucius checks on her to see how Megan was doing.

"Is there something troubling you, Megan?"

"Huh? Oh, it's nothing." she drops the subject for now. "I'm just admiring the works from these things back in the Egypt times. Artifacts, stone cravings, mummified leftovers of famous royalty people, clay handmade jars, treasures, and...almost everything else from the artwork."

"You like them? It is amazing." he said. "Without a doubt, this will be one of the best museum exhibitions Gotham City has ever seen. You can be quite the humanitarian on occasion, Bruce. It's commendable. It's inspiring."

Megan wasn't too sure of some of them to be on display 'because of every bad guy or so would try stealing them'.

"It's deductible. It's even hard to find these things, but I'm sure it'll be fine with you around, Megan." Bruce tells her.

"You don't need to rub it in, Bruce, but thanks. (Still, who knew the form of me, and the other bad clones are those Anubis beasts to look just like them...)"

Can't say I blame Megan there to feel a bit scared 'like considering a mirror for Ra's al Ghul made her like one'. Among these artifacts is half of the Scroll of Osiris: the oldest Egyptian document currently known.

"Well, nothing would try to steal some but this one here." Lucius shows the two a rare item in a glass. "The Scroll of Osiris. The latest to ever exist from back then, one of the oldest Egyptian documents currently known to man."

"So, it would seem, huh?" Megan scans a copy to her computer book just in case. "Ah, Bruce, don't you have to be somewhere to escort you? (I can't believe I just said that.)"

"Oh, right!" he gets going. "I gotta date."

With this to be going on to looking well for Megan to check the place before the night was done for her 'since she was getting paid to do it'. Later at night, a thief starts to sneak in and steals the scroll. With her seeing the issue to be going on, she calls for back up for her head to bother her again during the time...meaning trouble other than her powers.

"(I should've known...)" Megan uses her belt. "Bruce, it's me. I'm still at the museum. I know you'll join with me in a bit as Batman but get over here now. Someone's trying to steal the scroll as we speak."

However, Batman arrives to aid Megan in time 'with her gun ready' and confronts the thief, shocked to see that it's Ubu. Huh?!

"Ubu?" surprised Batman.

"Great, it's him again." said Megan. "Probably following a bit like Ra's al Ghul taught him back then." she gets out her gun demand some answers. "Okay, Ubu, talk. Why are you stealing an old scroll?"

Soon things get from bad to worse...Ra's then reveals himself to Batman and Megan to be really shocked to see him alive and well again. No way!!!

"Tsuki, long time no see, my dear daughter. How I miss you. Did you miss me?"