Blind as a Bat

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #56 – Blind as a Bat

Bruce Wayne is present at a demonstration of Wayne Tech's prototype military helicopter, the Raven X1-11. The attending brass are suitably impressed by its capabilities, which include silent running, a cloaking device making it invisible to radar and sonar, and its revolutionary ZVF sensor package which uses computers to turn sensor data into visual images, thus working in total darkness. The project was a complete success even for Megan to love seeing the whole thing herself.

"Wow! Just look at this!" she said with joy. "Bruce, you outshine everyone with your making skills on machines once again. So much to hack into..."

Well, Bruce was happy if Megan was.

"Looks like everything's going well." said the female doctor. "Wouldn't you say, Mr. Wayne? Your bodyguard sure likes it."

"I guess so. I just hope from something like this will be used wisely for other technologies these days."

But as soon as the demonstration is completed, the helicopter runs amok, opening fire on the stands. Megan uses her radio to carry as a big megaphone and talks through the headphones of hers.

"(Guess you spoke too soon, Bruce.) Get out of here now! A terrorist has taken over the machine! Run!"

As people flee inside the hangar, they find the real aircrew, gagged and bound.

"What are they doing?!" the doctor panics.

The Penguin has hijacked the chopper, and he announces over its radio that he plans to ransom the city with it. As Megan gets everyone out to safety for her and Bruce to hear the whole thing.

"Attention, everyone, attention!" Penguin speaks up. "This is the Penguin speaking. I've taken over your precious Raven and I attend to be pay handsomely in its return. For I will contact the mayor for the instructions of the ransom."

Then it opens fire again, and Bruce dives to cover a woman doctor caught in the line of fire. As he raises his head to look, another shot to a car engine causes it to explode right in front of his face, and he collapses in agony.

"Ah! Bruce!!! (Oh, no! No! No!) I got Bruce, he'll be fine! Just get everyone else out of here and leave this madness to Batman and me! Now go!" she leaves for Bruce, who was in pain for Megan to help him out.

"Megan...Help..." he was in pain. "I'm having trouble...!"

"Bruce! Save your strength..." Megan sees the trouble on Bruce's face. "Oh, no...! Bruce!"

The Penguin was king of the skies with his new toy.

"As of this moment, the most dangerous bird in the sky is the Penguin! Ha ha ha!" Penguin then takes off while laughing away to take flight. Jerk!

Alfred soon arrives because he helps Megan carry Bruce in the car.

"Master Bruce!" he helps Megan out. "Ms. Megan-!"

"Quickly, Alfred! Bruce needs to go to a hospital!"

However, Bruce orders him to take him home at once instead.

"Home, Alfred! Now!"

"No way, Bruce! We're getting you some help!" Megan demanded. "We'll worry about Penguin in a bit!"

Megan and Alfred still take Bruce in the car to drive back to Wayne Manor right away instead of going to the hospital right away.

"But, sir, you need medical attention!" said the butler.