The Lion and the Unicorn

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #75 - The Lion and the Unicorn

It's just another day in the Batcave: Bruce Wayne is hard at Gotham, Dick Grayson is practicing a gymnastic routine, Megan's working on some new gadgets with Gidget lending her a hand, and Alfred is fussing over both.

"Okay, Gidget. Let's test these out." she said to see some of them still need some work. "Too loud, too hot, too cold, too bomb-like, too broken down, and..." Megan sees one ink sprays in Gidget's armor-like suitcase body. "I hope it was ink-like pen and not from a squid just now."

"Hey, Megan, check these out."

Dick shows his hot looking body at Megan to impress her. Well, looking kind of hot compared to Bruce shirtless, but Megan was already taken.

"Ah...Yeah, nice muscles, Dick, keep at it." Megan said. "(Not bad, but Bruce is much hotter. Two guys with fine looking bodies.)"

They soon see Batman as Batman while Alfred tries to clean his suit up.

"It's fine, Alfred, I don't think I have too much lent on me anymore." he said to his faithful butler.

"Job well done is part on what I do best, Master Bruce." Alfred sees Dick working out shirtless. "Master Dick, please. I do wish you put a shirt on, or you will catch a cold."

He does a well move to put his shirt back on.

"Yeah, I know, Alfred, thank you." said Dick.

Bruce smiles for him as Batman and Megan to get going to work on watching over the streets of Gotham again.

"Shall we, milady?"

"On it, Bruce. Gidget, just give the good ones that do work." Megan gets it from her robot friend. "Thank you."

Alfred had one thing for Megan gets her hands clean by Alfred using some wipes.

"There you go, Ms. Megan, you look good as new." said Alfred. "You may go now."

Well, he means everything to the team...

"Ah, thanks, Alfred. I don't know what we do without you. Or nothing at all without you around." Megan gets in the Batmobile with Batman. "Let's move out!"

Taking off as Gidget finishes up and Alfred guides Dick upstairs for them to eat.

"What would we do without you, Alfred?"

"I shudder to think." the butler said.

This comfortable routine is interrupted when, upstairs in the Manor, Alfred receives an unexpected phone call from England: his 'cousin', Frederick, who needs Alfred's help, immediately. Yep, someone had him held hostage...Gidget finds out, as Batman and Megan hang out at their spot to see that they were doing some watching over Gotham to talk to each other.

"Your butler Alfred..." Megan said.

"What about him?" he asked.

"Oh, nothing. He's like a father figure to you since...you're parents and all who always been there for you a lot, he's cool. I wish to know; how long has he been helping you out?"

Good question there, Alfred Pennyworth was far more than a butler to aid Bruce as a Batman, right...? What else does Bruce know about him after his parents Martha and Thomas knew about him?

"Alfred has always been there for me a lot, more than you know, Megan, believe me. He's the top butler to the Wayne family, Alfred Pennyworth has known me most of his life. After the death of both my mother and Father, Alfred became a second father to me and is one of the few who are privy to the secrets contained beneath Wayne Manor. In addition to his duties as my butler, Alfred tends to much of the high-tech gadgetry in the Batcave and is an expert mechanic. Although he openly voices his opinion about his employer's nocturnal activities, he also believes that their cause is a just one. Alfred maintains my daily routine with the utmost attention to detail. His humor is also helpful to me when I'm Batman who admittedly can be too serious. Jokes notwithstanding, Alfred is firmly committed to ours and his own missions. Whatever his chores are. Always vigilant at Wayne Manor while you and I...and sometimes Dick as Robin patrol the Gotham night, Alfred minds the phones and gates, covering my tracks. Alfred is also a father figure for Dick Grayson when I wasn't available, a lot more before you came along. Dick looks upon Alfred with great respect, love, understanding, and admiration for his loyalty. Once he was agent for the British Secret Service before joining the household, Alfred is the voice of reason for the often emotional to the three of us, and Gidget too."