Fire from Olympus

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #59 - Fire from Olympus

Commissioner Gordon waits for an informant within an alley. Unbeknownst to him, however, the informant, Yanni Stavros, is being chased by a couple of thugs. They inform him that his meeting's been canceled, and they chase him towards their boss. He is finally cornered in an alley filled with old tires. Their boss comes out of his car and Stavros pleads with him. However, his words make the boss even angrier that he defied him, forced him to come to the 'mortal plane', and then claims that he doesn't know what he thinks. He condemns Starvos to Tarturus and a bolt of electricity strikes him. Gordon finds Stavros and takes him to the hospital, where he is diagnosed as being struck by lightning and only alive due to the tires absorbing the shock. Gordon is skeptical of the diagnosis as it was a clear night. Weird...Megan sees it from a far as well for someone who controls lighting somehow and hears the news to call up Bruce/Batman from her belt.

"(Hmm...lighting created without rain, huh?)" she gives Batman a call. "Hey, Bruce, it's me. Something big has happened tonight because someone was electrocuted and he's still alive. I'll tell you the rest when you arrive to help out Gordon."

Later, Gordon takes Stavros' file to Batman once he arrives with Megan and the three talk about his past record of selling shipping schedules to hijackers.

"This man's name is Yanni Stavros." Gordon shows them his paperwork.

As Megan gets it all down in her computer book.

"Yeah, I've heard about this guy. He's kind of wanted for selling things to hijackers for money." Megan explained. "Trying to earn some cash, I've kind of been on his tail for a while for he once worked for..."

Batman sees the rest about Yanni's background on who he did work for.

"Seems to work as a scheduler for Maximillian Shipping Lines."

"You know him too?" ask Gordon.

First time for him and Megan to see Batman did his homework on Yanni a while back. As a scheduler for Maximilian Shipping Lines, he is well suited to this kind of work.

"Megan, you're right. He does sell things to hijackers." said the Dark Knight.

"That fits." said Gordon.

"I told you so..." same with Megan.

Gordon then tells Batman and Megan that Stavros was going to tell him about a new energy weapon capable of firing bolts of lightning.

"Well...knowing Yanni, he was selling something big from the shipment that I wanted to talk to him about. Ever heard of something call a DEC?"

"A type of electrical weapon?"

Batman, you may be on to something for Megan looks it up.

"Yeah, it's some type of practical type of electrical weaponry thing. DEC. Electrical Discharge Cannon." she said. "Used during World War 2 to stop the Nazi and their base camps to save the many hostages inside to take out the whole entire place, it worked only to be very dangerous to hide it from anyone else from all over the world. The people in the government say - it was very risky to use it on enemy base in other wars, thinking that someone will go mad overpower to be like some type of God over madness. One almost did, but I stopped a wanted bounty a little while ago."

"It was also made by the European alliance with the United States army." Batman added as well.

So, then Gordon shows them the video of it.